Often KvK kill events can be stressful, confusing, and difficult. Here are a few unique and useful tips that your alliance should be familiar with before starting a kill event.
The scoring for the kill events recently changed. The following image will help you understand what is needed to score positive against your enemies.
Kill Event Point System in Game of War
The chart above shows the point awarded per troop tier. It also shows points for battle marks. Keep in mind that only the attacker will benefit from battle marks. Defenders who battle mark the attacker gain no additional points. Sorry trappers.
Pro Tip: Be sure to check out the Best Deal in Game of War. Learn the best deals available in Game of War to grow your empire efficiently.
Troops Killed Breakeven Analysis
In this next chart you can easily learn how many T1 or T2 you must kill to remain point positive as a rally leader. This assumes the target is battle marked. Since the release of Battle Marks Research Tree, its almost a certainty that the target will be marked.
As you can see from the chart below a 50 million troop rally must kill at least 178.6 million tier 2 troops to be point positive. Meanwhile, a trap must not lose more than 178.6 million tier 2 to remain point positive in the encounter.
Power Destroyed Breakeven Analysis
This next chart is a quick reference based on Power Destroyed on Report. This chart basically shows how much power a trap can lose and still remain positive. So, if you have a T1 meat shield you can lose up to 1.25 billion power to a 50 million rally and still break even on points. However, if using all T5 for instance against a 50 million rally then you may only lose 511.4 m power to break even on points or 11.4 million troops as the previous chart explains.
So, even when you cap the rally you can still possibly lose the points battle!
Points Traded on Burn
The final chart demonstrates the number of points an attacker gives up when burning a trap of various size and against various tiers.
For instance, a 50 million rally provides the defender 6.25 billion points when all troops in rally are killed. If that rally leader burns a T1 trap by killing more than they lose, aka, +50,000,000 then that trap has given 500 million points, at 10 points a kill as learned from our first chart for 9 points for tier 1 killed plus a point for battle mark, which I mentioned previous that without a doubt you as a trap player will be marked because of the strength of Battle Marks research.
If you have any further questions concerning the Kill Event Scoring breakdown please ask me in the comments below!
Game of War Kill Events are now organized by Warfare Brackets. To see current scoring by total points or by bracket choose the following:
Thank you to Elle from "GOW.TIPS REAL TIPS LINE ROOM #2" for these scoring brackets!
5 Kill Event Tips
1. Know the "Strong Against" Circle Like The Back of Your Hand
When rallying or solo attacking it's important to attack enemies with troops that are strongest against the enemy's weakness. Not only should you send the right troops, but you should make sure your hero gear is skilled against their weakness as well.
Contributed by Arcturus I in Sangul
Tier 5 Troops
2. Your War General Needs to Call Out The Appropriate Troops and Rally Leader
Your war general should check the hero gear and troops of the enemy, then choose the core gear which focuses on the enemy's weakness (see chart above) and tell the rest of the alliance which troops to send to the rally. VIP queue is typically used unless otherwise directed by the rally leader or war general.
3. Call For Troops Appropriately
When in the fog of war, the alliance chat needs to populated with only succinct useful information. The last thing you want is a bunch of members asking clarifying questions while you are trying to set a rally as fast as possible. Meaning, you should abide by these rules:
- If you ask for reinforcements, tell your members the troop (a) count (b) type and (c) tier you need. For example, "need 10mil rein strat rang t5". Which means I need 1 million reinforcements of strategic ranged t5 troops.
- For important rallies have your war general call out port coordinates in the chat "80:245:201", then call out "CLEAR CHAT" so that members know they need to port now, stop searching for targets, and participate in the rally to the exact specifications of the war general.
- The next comment the war general should make is about which troops to send and to whom. For example, "send even mix 9 with t5 to drogba". Which means donate a march of even t5 troops of each t5 troops except siege.
4. Set a Max March Size for Contribution
If many players are online for example during a kill event then ask the war general or rally leader what max march amount to use we use. For 2 main reasons:
- It allows more people in the alliance to participate in rallies and reinforcements to earn points
- It minimizes troop losses for any one single person
However, since rally sizes are 50 million now and its much harder to fill a rally then you should be prepared to boost your march size 200% to fill rallies quickly!
5. Before Porting in to Rally, Hide your Gear
This trick is to confuse your enemy by making it harder for their alliance mates to reinforce with the proper troop type. Many trap players are using Training Garrison to swap their meat shield of troops to counter what they expect to be incoming. So, by waiting to show your troop type is best practice. Running anti-scout until just before launching will help in this practice.
- Find target, try to scout the enemy to see which troops they have
- Decide which Core Gear you need to wear, but wait until you are prepared to launch for the time being
- Post coords, call rally, port in, start rally. Now, the enemy should reinforce their team member with the wrong troops potentially, or in the least a mixed troop reinforcement.
- I use Pegasus to launch my rally if I suspect I'll have a few seconds to switch to gear. I use the march screen to launch and click hero to switch quickly to preset. WARNING: The target may see this and port to make your rally strike immediately! Yes, you can switch gear mid solo march or rally march. The gear that is equipped at the time of the hit is the gear that will be used.
- Let the march hit and enjoy the satisfaction of a good rally!
Bonus Advice from "Bo" in the comments:
"Here’s a related strategy for when you are soloing/rallying someone who you’ve scouted and who has balanced troop types. Check the battle reports to see what troop type you are hitting that the opponent has the most of. Be prepared to change core/troop types to better counter them if you are in the midst of zeroing the target potentially.
Perhaps let a second alliance mate set with a different core set that is ready then take turns knocking the target down.
You can also split into two alliances if you have plenty of rally fillers. Remember, you can't set a simultaneous rally on the same target from one alliance.
My alliance has an open alliance for quick access to start a second rally against a target we are zeroing.
Knowing this means you don’t have to run scouts and read reports in between hits, which is really important if you are trying to hit an active player several times before they can shield or if you find a sleeping player you want them zeroed before they wake up.
Gear Level Up
Purchasing this item includes a limited time bonus:
25% bonus of Charms and Gear Level Up XP in the Solo Inferno Event Prize 3
I hope you guys enjoyed these kill event tips, if you have any others please share them in the comments below!