Often KvK kill events can be stressful, confusing, and difficult. Here are a few unique useful tips that your alliance should be familiar with before starting a kill event.
5 Kill Event Tips
1. Know the "Strong Against" Circle Like The Back of Your Hand
When rallying or solo attacking it's important to attack enemies with troops that are strongest against the enemy's weakness. Not only should you send the right troops, but you should make sure your hero gear is skilled against their weakness as well.
Contributed by Arcturus I in Sangul
2. Your War General Needs to Call Out The Appropriate Troops and Rally Leader
Your war general should check the hero gear and troops of the enemy, then choose the alliance member whose hero focuses on the enemy's weakness (see chart above) and tell the rest of the alliance which troops to send to the rally.
Note: It's a good idea for your war general(s) to have a list of which member has the best heroes for attacking with each troop type.
3. Call For Troops Appropriately
When in the fog of war, the alliance chat needs to populated with only succinct useful information. The last thing you want is a bunch of members asking clarifications questions while you are trying to set a rally as fast as possible. Meaning, you should abide by these rules:
- If you ask for reinforcements, tell your members the troop (a) count (b) type and (c) tier you need. For example, "need 1mil rein strat rang t4". Which means I need 1 million reinforcements of strategic ranged t4 troops.
- For important rallies have your war general call out port coordinates in the chat "80:245:201", then call out "CLEAR CHAT" so that members know they need to port now, stop searching for targets, and participate in the rally to the exact specifications of the war general.
- The next comment the war general should make is about which troops to send and to whom. For example, "send strat cav 30% t3 meat to drogba". Which means donate a march of strategic t4 cavalry with 30% of the march being strategic t3 cavalry to drogba.
Disclaimer: I am writing this in the context of sh21 players rallying a couple hundred mil player.
4. Set a Max March Size for Contribution
The max march amount we use is 200k troops. For 2 main reasons:
- It allows more people in the alliance to participate in rallies and reinforcements to earn points
- It minimizes troop losses for any one single person
5. Before Porting in to Rally, Change Gear
This trick is to confuse your enemy by making them think your hero is speced for one troop type, but in reality you are speced for a different troop type.
- Look at the enemy's hero to understand its weakness, try to scout the enemy to see which troops they have
- Decide which hero gear you need to wear, but put on different gear for the time being
- Post coords, call rally, port in, start rally. Now, the enemy should reinforce their team member with the wrong troops because they will be looking at your hero
- After the rally starts marching, wait until 30 seconds (if you are fast) before the rally hits the enemy to switch to the gear you actually want to use. Yes, you can switch gear mid solo march or rally march. The gear that is equipped at the time of the hit is the gear that will be used.
- Let the march hit and enjoy the satisfaction of a good rally!
Bonus Advice from "Bo" in the comments:
"Here’s a related strategy for when you are soloing/rallying someone who you’ve scouted and who has balanced troop types (most players 30mil to 100mil are balanced, in my experience): on the first attack send only the troop type you are strongest with, then on the second attack you follow the arrows on the “vulnerability circle” to determine what troop type you send on the next attack.
For example, I am strongest with ranged. So after the first attack with full ranged they will be low on infantry. Therefore for attack number 2 hit them with full cavalry, after which then they will be low on infantry/ranged and have more cavalry, so then on attack number 3 hit with infantry. And then attack number 4 back to ranged and so on as necessary
Knowing this means you don’t have to run scouts and read reports in between hits, which is really important if you are trying to hit an active player several times before they can shield or if you find a sleeping player you want them zeroed before they wake up.
In my experience, once I realized this I was able to zero people with ~500k T3 much quicker and with much fewer losses."
I hope you guys enjoyed these kill event tips, if you have any others please share them in the comments below!