Alliance Cities Are Finally Here!
Here are a ton pictures showcasing all the aspects of the alliance city! These Alliance Cities haven't proved to be a big game changer yet, but I hope they are soon!
Key Things To Know About The Alliance City
- They cannot be shielded
- They can be rallied (since release in normal kingdoms, they can't be rallied yet)
- The city can be viewed by every player in the alliance, but only upgraded by an R4, and only constructed by an R5
Things To Note
- Blue prints are required for buildings (item)
- "Alliance" speed ups (item or alliance catalog)
- Resource silo: rss storage
- University: alliance research
- Hall of Quests: individual quests
- Alliance "Might" is equivalent to Stronghold "Power"
- I wonder how alliances will approach resource production in terms of specializing or not. There are tiles in the cities for the new resources. It may be wise hyper produce one resource within your city but that would require you to trade with other alliances (sisters, NAPs, enemies). It would be crazy if there were a resource seller who hyper produced resources from alliance cities...damn. We'll see.
Thoughts City Protection
- These players are trying to protect their city
- Since the city cannot be shielded, it will most likely not replace a "bank" unless things change. This means there will be some epic raids when it comes to attacking enemy alliance cities and I'm not quite sure how they will be protected when resources are in there. It would be smart for enemy alliances to understand how many resources it takes to build buildings, research, or upgrades so that they can attack just before those things are started. Similarly, your own alliance should plan times where everyone dumps resources (or the bank) and do it quick, because once you start, those resources will be vulnerable. March size, speed, and capacity will come in to play here.
- Furthermore, farm accounts can be bought and sold for more because the demand for resources will go through the roof.
Thoughts On Resources
New Resource Buildings
Building Resource Fountain Water Steel Refinery Steel Cement Refinery Cement Brick Refinery Brick Brewery Ale Lumber Lumber Mint Crowns
Not surprised about the amount of rss required. They should not be too hard to accumulate after all the people with farms these days. It will definitely take a concentrated effort to accumulate them, but that's expected. Also, it will be interesting to see how resource sales are affected once these cities are released. If MZ tries to add more resources to gold packs than individual players build even bigger. The whole power scale of this game will jump.
The resource "Donation Size Bonus" from the Resource Silo will allow you to donate a larger amount of resources to your city at one time. I'm assuming these bonuses will GREATLY increases as you upgrade past level 5 buildings... but who knows. Also, note the details of the resource silo, "The Donation capacity is the total of this donate size bonus plus your Marketplace's Trade Cap bonus."
Alliance City Speed Up Costs (Expensive!)
The only time you ever want to buy speed ups is from gold packs. The deals are MUCH better.
Alliance City Quests
You unlock more quests as you increase the level of your Alliance City. Make sure you have multiple people responsible for activating these because it's a lot for one person.
Unreleased Benefits of The Alliance City
Research speed bonuses should be introduced soon, although they aren't very significant at all.
Materials will have the ability to be stored and potentially traded or used by other members! This is not in the BETA yet but MZ is claiming it will be. This would be absolutely epic, you could use farm and alt account materials for your main potentially. Also, trading materials would become a thing. IMAGINE THAT.
It was told to BETA players that there will be a maximum of 100 Alliance Cities allowed per kingdom. To me this doesn't seem like a problem because it would be nearly impossible for that many alliances to get the required amount of resources for 100 cities, but then MZ gave out the necessary resources to get the alliance city started, so now this seems much more likely. I think what MZ doesn't want is an alliance building multiple cities to farm ALC resources.
OMG WHAT ARE THESE NEW "FEATURES" MZ?!??!?!?!
What are your guys' thoughts?!