Being “safe” can mean different things to different players. Is safe not burning? Is being safe winning on points during a kill event? Only you can decide what your meaning of “safe in Game of War” is for your account. One of the main concerns that we see within the game is a desire for knowledge that when you log back in after being offline that you will not log in to a zeroed account with no Hero.
There are varying stages in the game and various ways to feel safe at those different stages. In this guide we will cover some of those stages however, we will also discuss different aspects of your build and what here you will need to address in order to ensure your safety. However, through all of this keep in mind that the game is constantly changing. Your account build should constantly be changing as well. We do have some basic tips on how to protect yourself to kick all of this off.
How do you ensure you are Safe?
All of us put a lot of time and resources into our accounts. So we want to protect what we have built. So how do we do this?
My Top 5 Tips
- Protect Your Investment – Do not be afraid of using a shield! Shields in the Demigod dimension are purchased with loyalty, and other alliance members would probably be more than happy to gift you shields to make sure that you are safe. At the very least, you can use the Auto Barrier which shields you if you are hit and you burn.
- Be Involved in the Community – Join Line rooms and in-game chat rooms. These are the places where you learn the most about the game. Also, if you’re not in-game and you are being attacked, an alliance member can alert you to log in.
- Know Your Account – Know and understand what the stats are for, what they mean, what they do and what you need. When new releases come out, know and understand what the stats offer and how does it affect the current scenario. Make sure you understand your strengths and weaknesses and find ways to play to your strengths while overcoming the weaknesses.
- There is No Such Thing as a Dumb Question – Do not worry about asking questions. It’s better to ask questions now than to burn to the ground later. Don’t waste your time and money invested into the account! That’s why we exist within a community so we can help each other and support each other. Take advantage of the Line rooms I mentioned earlier. RealTips has an amazing room, and if you want to join, add me on Line! My ID is slapmesilly. Send me a pm and I will gladly add you to our Real Tips GoW Line room.
- Small Things Make a Big Difference – Often there are so many little things that contribute to our success within the game. From banners to gems to avatars. These things are always updating. Forgetting one thing can drastically alter your results. So keep an eye on them and we’ll help you keep on it as well!
In The Beginning
At the beginning of gameplay is often when players most worry about being safe in Game of War. When you are first building up and have more advanced players trying to hit you and snag your Hero it can be difficult. Many times players who are not able to spend as much and build up quickly can become discouraged. However, there are ways that you are able to ensure your safety in the beginning so that you do not feel like you are fighting an uphill battle. I know that not many in the Demigod dimension are starting from nothing, but just in case you are, here are a few things that should help.
- The Dreaded Shield– Shields are difficult when you first start playing. In order to obtain a shield, you have to buy a pack or have enough loyalty. While you can start accruing and using loyalty once you have an alliance the build-up can be slow and many times new players do not want to spend the precious little bit of loyalty they have on a shield. However, shielding is one option to maintain safety and the most obvious one.
- Do NOT build Troops- this seems counterintuitive, right? However, let’s really walk through this. If you do not have troops you cannot lose troops. The only reason left to hit you is to take your hero. However, we will address ways to handle this as well. You can build troops in the beginning but it is unlikely you will have the ability to protect them, so it is better to not build them until you are ready. If you farm resources, only build troops for your allotted march size. This way you can protect them easier in a ghost rally.
- Only open the Resources you Need- You do not want to get farmed and opening resources in excess is one way to find yourself getting farmed.
- Level your Stronghold Slowly- As you level up, complete research that is opening up. Recall that once you level past SH 14 your Hero is able to be captured. Take advantage of the time where you do not have to worry about your Hero being captured and get as much research done as possible.
- Never Underestimate the Ghost Rally- If you do keep your Hero at home, do not underestimate the ghost rally. Tossing your Hero and troops in an eight-hour ghost rally will essentially get them out of your Stronghold so that you do not have to worry about someone killing all your troops or taking your hero.
- When All Else Fails- If by chance someone does end up getting your hero, it’s not the end of the world like it could be on the dragon side. The Demi side is fortunate enough to have an abundance of Instant Executions and ONE SECOND hemlocks! (Eat your heart out Dragon realm) If your hero is captured, I am sure a nice mail asking for him back would suffice.
So we have discussed some essential safety tips for all players and Newbie players. Now let’s dive into the things that you really need to look at when you are working on your build so that you can actually defend against hits. Please keep in mind that this is not a guide for traps but these are also things that traps will need to look at.
Gear is an essential part of gameplay. You cannot underestimate the value that Gear brings to an account. Gear offers you the ability to really be able to customize your stats. You can use your gear to increase the stats you need by mixing and matching. There are important things to note about gear when you are choosing it.
- Pay close attention to the level of the gear and the materials you need to upgrade each piece. Currently, the Elite gear relies on the luck of chest to get the materials needed to upgrade the pieces.
- Even if you are not wearing your gear, having Athena’s Armory and utilizing the set bonuses from that will always help.
Do not forget your Gems and Runes and Enhancements! These things can really add up.
For more help with choosing gear that will keep you safe in Game of War, check out our article Easy Gear Selection Guide for Everyone.
There are seven heroes to choose from for the Demigod Dimension. Each hero has its own focus in the hero skills, but you can best choose by looking at the overall stats in each hero. These are the Demigod Defense, Demigod Attack, and Demigod Health stats. One quick glance at the max amount of those three stats will tell you which hero would be the best to help your account stay safe. Currently, the new Earthshatter Hero has the best overall stats and you are able to unlock them very early at level 67!
EARTHSHATTER HERO STATS:
- Demigod Attack = 24,000
- Demigod Defense = 21,000
- Demigod Health = 18,000
VIP is another area where you can obtain stats to become “safe in Game of War” Your level of VIP will depend entirely on your style of game and your wallet. If you are aiming to just be safe, then you will want the highest VIP that you can get, because as the VIP levels rise, so does the stats attributed to each level.
Other Features to Add to Your Safety
There are tons of little things that can add up to big things in your account, especially in the Demigod realm. When you go through each of these areas, you would be surprised at just how big of a part they are to staying safe in Game of War.
- Boost Hall
- Special Buildings
- Gear Enhancements
For a more detailed look into where to find stats, and an awesome checklist to help you out, take a look at Where Do I Find Demi Stats.
First, using t4 as a meat shield is no longer suggested. The amounts that you would need to build would be very costly and would increase your power exponentially. The cost of building the t4 needed to not burn could be put to use in other areas.
T5 is the most efficient tier to use for building your meat shield. Many players are also choosing to go all t6 troops to keep power low. With each tier you move up, you will require only a portion of the amount you had before. But as you move up in tier, it will require a higher resource cost. So if you decide to drop T5 and go for the T6 as a meatshield, just make sure you have enough T6 before dismissing all of those T5.
You also want to make sure that you do not have troops below your lowest tier of traps. If you have T6 traps, make sure you have no T5 troops in front. Same goes for Mythics too. Having lower-tier troops and mythics will be a huge blow to the safety of your account.
I would also recommend that your troops be evenly spread, so there isn’t a weakness in any type. As far as traps as mythics go, you can play around with those numbers a bit, but I wouldn’t go any less than 2:1 traps to mythics.
For the actual troop, trap, and mythic count… I will leave that to you to decide! We can’t take all your fun away when building an account, can we?!
Burn and Learn
This is one of my favorite sayings. Basically, it means that the only way you can learn more about your city, and your safety, is by dropping your shield and taking some hits. With each hit, you take you will gain more confidence and more understanding. Burning can actually give you more of an opportunity to learn about your account. So, find a lead, take a breath, and take a rally!
Join the Fun
Come share your best tips to staying safe in Game of War in the Demigod dimension with the community! Join us on Line, Discord, and Facebook!