Am I safe? It’s a question that everyone asks us often. However, it is honestly a difficult question to answer. We can tell you what troops to build and how to build a strong base. We can give you numbers and help strategize with you about how much you need of what, but this is Game of War.
And just like any other war, it is constantly changing. Two days ago I was capping rallies with my hero out and today if I unshield in my best gear, I am a solo zero. So how do we quantify safe in this crazy game?
Note: This article was last updated on 1/11/2017. With the current pace of the game it's possible that this article will be outdated in a few days or less, BEWARE! Do you best to understand the math and strategy behind this article so that you can regularly update your trap on your own knowledge in the future?
- How to protect yourself and Top 5 Tips
- Build Guides
- What's Safe Now?
- Safety Test
So how do you protect yourself?
All of us put a lot of time and resources into our accounts. So we want to protect what we have built. So how do we do this?
My Top 5 Tips
- Always Shield - You can have the most troops in the game but what we have learned is it does not matter. You can go from invincible to zeroed in moments. What we saw today was that every king in every kingdom ended up zeroed. They are unable to shield and therefore when attack was multiplied to huge levels they were not protected.
- Be Aware - When new releases come out, know and understand what the stats offer and how does it affect the current scenario. One of the things we heard when runes and gems were released was that there was a glitch. People were getting one hit zeroed and the biggest players were not safe! However, this was not a glitch. What was not accounted for was the huge amount of attack that was released with this. On top of new gear levels, players equipped with these items became a force to be reckoned with.
- Educate Yourself - Know and understand what the stats are for, what they mean, what they do and what you need. Stats can be very difficult. They are constantly changing and unfortunately, there’s not a guide to stats released. So many times we don’t know for sure beyond testing so we do it ourselves. However, there is a wealth of information out there and people who are willing to help you learn (i.e. us here your real tips team)!
- Ask Questions - People get worried that if they ask questions they appear stupid. Here’s the thing, you look dumber if you do not ask! If something confuses you, it’s better to ask before you lose all your troop and waste a lot of money! Even I do not always know everything. That’s why we exist within a community so we can help each other and support each other.
- Keep An Eye on the Little Things - Often there are so many little things that contribute to our success within the game. From runes to banners to gems to avatars. These things are always updating. Forgetting one thing can drastically alter your results. So keep an eye on them and we’ll help you keep on it as well!
So what makes me safe today?
The game continues to change. A couple of weeks ago it was all about Super Troop Defense. With the addition of Pantheon research it became all about Troop Defense. For a couple of weeks having only one level of this research meant that you were safe. However, the game cannot stay the same and 100% Troop Defense Eradication has done away with the safety we had. However, along with it came many new questions. The biggest being what stats are relevant and how do I defend?
Mythical creatures were released in the last week and with them came many questions. This was a whole new component to the game. We knew they had stellar stats. We knew that reports were coming up as a draw when people had mythical creatures.
What we know is that Mythical Creatures are key to defense in your city. You want to focus on Mythical Creature Defense and Health to be sure that you are safe. However, it is key that when looking at this you focus on Holy Guardians of Hope. These Creatures have the best defense stats. Please check out Mythical Tips for more information.
Tip: Mythical creatures are very expensive to heal. It is better to dismiss and retrain.
This article is not meant to be a trap guide but will help those players in building one. Traps are players who appear weak but actually perform very well.
Here are some of the recent articles that help you to be safe in Game of War:
More recent guides will be posted here so check them out frequently.
Currently the best defense gear is Royal Divine Gear with three Soul Rings. Check out our Gear guide to see the testing with this gear!
Currently Hero Levels go up to 550. Hero levels provide good increases in defense when well skilled. These new hero levels are beginning to offer more increased stats for STD as well.
However, we now also need to consider new heroes. There are new heroes that are able to be equipped to the Hero Garrison for additional stats and the newest hero has the best defense skills available right now.
VIP has provided massive increases in stats over the past week and can now go to level 1100. The current creature stats in VIP are HUGE! It is a stat that is innate without your hero which is essential for those Heroless hits.
Troops while still important in order to be able to kill a whole march are no longer the most important thing in your city. The most important thing in your city are creatures. For defense you want Holy Guardians of Hope. These are spirits and have the same stats as their Horror counterpart, however, are much cheaper.
When it comes to troops many players are now using high tier troops, and the best troop setup is T40 and above. Check out our Mythical Tips article for the latest set up!
Don’t forget to craft and equip the latest potion, Recipes can be found in the City Guide.
So you've got your build done. Now you're ready to drop that shield and donate troops. First, ask the best rally leader in your alliance for a solo without hero. Send them your coordinates. It's best if it's away from any action or enemies 😉
Steps to Testing
- Find a trusted and strong rally leader. Ask for a test. Send them your cords and go to step 2.
- Have your friend attack you solo without hero first. If you burn, stop and adjust. Otherwise to go step 3.
- Next solo with hero. Burn, stop, else go to step 4. If you cap then it’s time for a rally perhaps.
- Rally time. The difference in troop size between solo and rally is huge now. So, it may be wise to take a half full rally first. Then a full one. Go to step 5.
- You've survived every step to this point. It’s time to get out there and start mixing it up. You've shown you can take a solo, a rally, so go out there and stomp enemies.
Game of war is forever changing! With new gear and stats coming out there is always a need to adjust, always test and be sure to shield if you’re offline!