Safety can mean a lot of different things in Game of War. Whether it means that you will not get burned, not get zeroed, not lose your Hero or more. One of the main concerns that we see within the game is a desire for knowledge that when you log back in after being offline that you will not log in to a zeroed account with no Hero.
There are varying stages in the game and various ways to feel safe at those different stages. We will cover some of those stages however, we will also discuss different aspects of your build and what here you will need to address in order to ensure your safety. This Guide will serve as your Ultimate Quick Defense Guide for the Dragon Dimension which includes tips on how to stay safe. However, through all of this keep in mind that the game is constantly changing. Your account build should constantly be changing as well. We do have some basic tips on how to protect yourself to kick all of this off.
How Do You Ensure You Are Safe?
All of us put a lot of time and resources into our accounts. So we want to protect what we have built. So how do we do this?
My Top 5 Tips
- Shield if you are unsure – Shields in the Dragon Dimension tend to be expensive when it comes to loyalty. However, you can quickly get loyalty through current Expedition events, Training Infernos, other events, and the Black Market. For those accounts that are more “caught up,” the Catch-Up Black Market is the prime place to purchase loyalty for your account. Also, be sure to do the math, it is more efficient to buy shorter shields and log on more often than to pop a 3 day and do not even think about 30 days.
- Be Aware – When new releases come out, know and understand what the stats offer and how does it affect the current scenario.
- This happens on a weekly basis so do not get caught unaware. Watch blogs and rooms. We have also recently started a Monthly Recap, in these guides you can look back at the most recent releases in the Dragon Dimension.
- Educate Yourself – Know and understand what the stats are for, what they mean, what they do, and what you need.
- There are multiple places on Line and in-game where you can ask questions and get answers and tons of articles here that define and discuss stats.
- Ask Questions – People get worried that if they ask questions they appear stupid. Here’s the thing, you look dumber if you do not ask! If something confuses you, it’s better to ask before you lose all your troops and waste a lot of money! Even I do not always know everything (probably, maybe/I will deny that I said that because of course I know everything). That’s why we exist within a community so we can help each other and support each other.
- To be honest you look more stupid if you do not ask and become the person that everyone wonders how in the world they burned.
- Keep An Eye on the Little Things – Often there are so many little things that contribute to our success within the game. From banners to gems to avatars. These things are always updating. Forgetting one thing can drastically alter your results. So keep an eye on them and we’ll help you keep on it as well!
- We will cover those things here today too!
Quick Defense Guide
So we have discussed some essential safety tips for all players. Now let’s dive into the things that you really need to look at when you are working on your build so that you can actually defend against hits. Please keep in mind that this is not a guide for traps but these are also things that traps will need to look at.
Knowing what stats to prioritize as a defender is just as important as knowing what things to use. By knowing the stats you need and how they work you can build your defense with just that knowledge and knowledge of where to find those stats. For defenders we are really going to focus on two types of stats:
- Empire Defender Stats
- Type Stats
Currently, Empire Defender Stats are our favorite because they are the only stats that cannot be debuffed. With the recent release of Type Debuffs, we are now seeing these stats be debuffed as well as General Troop Stats.
Gear is big in the Dragon Dimension and recently we have seen newer Defense gear sets being even more powerful than older sets without having to worry about whether or not your Crafting Research affects those numbers. Remember that even the gear sets you are not wearing are essential for bonuses from Athena’s Armory.
Top Defense Gear
The Current Top Defense gear for defenders is Lava Titan Gear Set. This Gear has some killer Empire Defender Stats. We have a table that we created to compare the latest Defense Gear to our One Generation Older Defense Gear and the difference is huge. If you do not have this gear you will want to work towards obtaining it but in the meantime keep equipping the older gear.
Gems are another source of adding some great stats to your Gear. Gems are a little hit and miss depending on what you have. However, there are two sets that we recommend for our Defenders. The Best Gem set you can currently equip is the Elite Gem Set. If you do not have this Gem set one generation older we have the Abyss Gem Set. Check out the comparison of these two sets below.
Monsters in the Dragon Dimension help with your defense when you put them in your wall. There are five slots in your wall where you are able to equip monsters. These monsters should focus on a couple of things when you are choosing which ones.
- What monsters do you have leveled the highest with Empire Defender stats or Type Stats?
- How is your account set up? If you are a single type trap a Monster that supports that Troop Stat could be a wise choice.
Remember that we have seen monster levels going higher and higher so it is important to keep up on the current stats of monsters and which ones are going to work best for your defense. Check out the monsters we recommend keeping an eye on for defense.
Some of my personal favorites to keep an eye on for defense are the Golem, Stone Golem, and Bone Ice Dragon.
Currently, we have four Dragons in the Dragon Dimension. Each of these Dragons can be unlocked and used concurrently for defense. Unlike in the beginning of the Dragon Dimension where our Dragons felt more like a liability than anything else our Dragons are actually quite useful now. However, there are a few things you need to know including where to focus your skill points.
This Dragon becomes useful at the Reborn Levels (beyond 100) you want to level it up as high as possible and then focus on the Reborn Stat and Empire Defender Stats. You can also assign extra points to the Debuffs and if you are a rally filler and have enough points then you may want to toss extra points into the stats you need to fill rallies. It is important to note that the most important Skill on this Dragon is the Reborn Stat and without that skilled you will perform poorly.
Inferno, Hydro, and Terra Dragon
We list these Dragons together because they are very similar with some slight changes in their focus. Each of these Dragons becomes useful for defense even at level 1 so be sure to unlock them and begin using them. When you go to skill these Dragons your biggest focus for defense should be Type Stats.
When it comes to defending you can choose from three different heroes, each hero comes with its own benefits and perks.
- Hero I- This Hero is strong when it comes to type stats and could be a good choice for our defenders who want to focus on type stats.
- Hero III- This is the most preferred Hero when it comes to defense. Not only is it our Hero with Empire Defender stats but it is also the Hero that can help increase the amount of bed space we have available within our Hospitals.
- Hero IV- This is our newest Hero and could be a great choice for defenders who are focusing on a specific troop type and want to take advantage of the Synergy Disruption offered by this Hero.
VIP Currently maxes at level 180. Recently some great Empire Defender Stats have been added in so this will also help to strengthen you as a defender and is something you should be leveling up as you are able to do so.
When it comes to banners you have a few options. I recommend focusing on type-specific banners and Empire Defender Banners. Also if your Banner Stand is Level 10 there is one Banner under the special Banner Category.
Type Specific Banners
The latest Potion Vial released in March was:
The Recipe Blend Vial
- 103,700% Empire Defender Attack
- 127,800% Empire Defender Health
- 69,400% Empire Defender Defense
When you go to craft a potion in this vial you will want to pick ingredients that compliment the existing stats on this Vial. This means you will be looking for your ingredients that have the highest Empire Defender Stats. Some of the recently released ones are Pink Walnut, Pink Fungi, and Pink Frond.
** Keep in mind that many potions are now Limited time
When it comes to crafting your potion you are going to pick your best vial and your best ingredients that complement that vial to put together.
Example Defensive Potion
Limited Time Vial with Empire Defender Stats
- Lucky Flower- 400% Empire Defender Attack
- Lucky Serpents Egg- 400% Empire Defender Defense
- Lucky Slug- 400% Empire Defender Health
- Rot Sprig- 250% Enemy Troop Attack Debuff
** This Potion is crafted for someone with four ingredient slots open. However, if you have more slots than this you can also add in some Frost Ingredients for extra Empire Defender Stats.
The Boost Hall has an abundance of boosts you will want and need as a defender. Make sure that you are unlocking boosts that have either Empire Defender or Type Stats.
So you’ve got your build done. Now you’re ready to drop that shield and test. This test is a method with an abundance of caution. If you are truly concerned about burning badly then start with a lead that does not fall into the unicorn category of leads.
Steps to Testing
- Find a trusted and strong rally leader. Ask for a test. Send them your cords and go to step 2.
- Have your friend attack you solo without Hero first. If you burn, stop and adjust. Otherwise to go step 3.
- Next solo with a Hero. Burn, stop, else go to step 4. If you cap then it’s time for a rally perhaps.
- Rally time. The difference in troop size between solo and rally is huge now. So, it may be wise to take a half-full rally first. Then a full one. Go to step 5.
- You’ve survived every step to this point. It’s time to get out there and start mixing it up. You’ve shown you can take a solo, a rally, so go out there and stomp enemies.
Game of War is forever changing! With new gear and stats coming out there is always a need to
adjust, always test and be sure to shield if you’re offline!
We have tons of articles to help you with your in-game strategy! Looking for something a little more trap focused than defense focused and to help you really learn how to build your stats? Check out some of these articles.
How to Build your Stats
These articles really focus on how stats work for defenders and traps and where to find those stats for a more in-depth look at defending in the Dragon Dimension.
Stay Tuned for more great information from our Realtip Team as Game of War continues to evolve.
Also be sure to join our community on the Line App for more on the go tips!
Line: Add thatcinder and request an invite to the Game of War Realtips room