Am I safe? It’s a question that everyone ask us often. However, it is honestly a difficult question to answer. We can tell you what troops to build and how to build a strong base. We can give you numbers and help strategize with you about how much you need of what, but this is Game of War.
And just like any other war it is constantly changing. Two days ago I was capping rallies with my hero out and today if I unshield in my best gear, I am a solo zero. So how do we quantify safe in this crazy game?
Note: This article was last updated on 11/15/17. With the current pace of the game it's possible that this article will be outdated in a few days or less, BEWARE! Do you best to understand the math and strategy behind this article so that you can regularly update your trap on your own knowledge in the future.
- How to protect yourself and Top 5 Tips
- Build Guides
- What's Safe Now?
- Safety Test
So how do you protect yourself?
All of us put a lot of time and resources into our accounts. So we want to protect what we have built. So how do we do this?
My Top 5 Tips
- Always Shield - You can have the most troops in the game but what we have learned is it does not matter. You can go from invincible to zeroed in moments. What we saw today was that every king in every kingdom ended up zeroed. They are unable to shield and therefore when attack was multiplied to huge levels they were not protected.
- Be Aware - When new releases come out, know and understand what the stats offer and how does it affect the current scenario. One of the things we heard when runes and gems were released was that there was a glitch. People were getting one hit zeroed and the biggest players were not safe! However, this was not a glitch. What was not accounted for was the huge amount of attack that was released with this. On top of new gear levels, players equipped with these items became a force to be reckoned with.
- Educate Yourself - Know and understand what the stats are for, what they mean, what they do and what you need. Stats can be very difficult. They are constantly changing and unfortunately, there’s not a guide to stats released. So many times we don’t know for sure beyond testing so we do it ourselves. However, there is a wealth of information out there and people who are willing to help you learn (i.e. us here your real tips team)!
- Ask Questions - People get worried that if they ask questions they appear stupid. Here’s the thing, you look dumber if you do not ask! If something confuses you, it’s better to ask before you lose all your troop and waste a lot of money! Even I do not always know everything. That’s why we exist within a community so we can help each other and support each other.
- Keep An Eye on the Little Things - Often there are so many little things that contribute to our success within the game. From runes to banners to gems to avatars. These things are always updating. Forgetting one thing can drastically alter your results. So keep an eye on them and we’ll help you keep on it as well!
So what makes me safe today?
A lot has changed in the last week. With the Super Combat Research tree we now have a new defense stat. Super Troop Defense (Beware.. Do not abbreviate this stat using initials!). Super Troop Defense at first was a nice little boost to our cities, however, this stat is quickly becoming more relevant and important than Resolute.
It is now possible to get this stat in other places as well including runes, banners, duelist, and gear. You want as much of this stat as you can get as it is a game changer!
This article is not meant to be a trap guide but will help those players in building one. Traps are players who appear weak but actually perform very well.
Here are some of the recent articles that help you to be safe in Game of War:
More recent guides will be posted here so check them out frequently.
Currently, the best defense gear is Divine and Guardian Athena's Gear when powered to 49. If you do not have this then the next best is Sunguard Eco Gear. While this gear has significantly decreased Combat Stats there is a significant increase in Super Troop Defense. Check out our Gear guide to see the testing with this gear!
Currently, Hero Levels go up to 475. Hero levels provide good increases in defense when well skilled. These new hero levels are beginning to offer more increased stats for STD as well.
See Hero Level article for more detailed information!
VIP has provided massive increases in stats over the past week and can now go to level 925. It is very important and a must-have. It is a stat that is innate without your hero which is essential for those Heroless hits.
Currently, a lot of players worry that T2 are dead. This is not true but you do need a solid build to utilize them. When utilizing T2, you also have to build troops correctly and not allow yourself to become nerfed. If you don’t have enough T2 and you need massive quantities at this time you will burn badly.
T4 builds are also common right now because they allow people to take somewhat less damage with hits, however, it does increase your power more quickly.
Banners make a huge difference! Currently, the Divine Leviathan Defender's Axe Banner has 500MT Resolute Defense and two of the Halloween banners have 300% Super Troop Defense! These are a must-have!
Check out our Banners Selection Guide for the updated best Banners for each category.
Don’t forget to craft and equip the latest potion, the Rejuvenator Potion!
Research is of utmost importance. There are huge defense boosts in research! Over the past couple of weeks, we have seen this in Super Combat Research, Champions Research, and Mega Research. It is the hidden power of a strong account so my recommendation is to keep your research as maxed as possible!
So you've got your build done. Now you're ready to drop that shield and donate troops. First, ask the best rally leader in your alliance for a solo without hero. Send them your coordinates. It's best if it's away from any action or enemies 😉
Steps to Testing
- Find a trusted and strong rally leader. Ask for a test. Send them your cords and go to step 2.
- Have your friend attack you solo without hero first. If you burn, stop and adjust. Otherwise to go step 3.
- Next solo with hero. Burn, stop, else go to step 4. If you cap then it’s time for a rally perhaps.
- Rally time. The difference in troop size between solo and rally is huge now. So, it may be wise to take a half full rally first. Then a full one. Go to step 5.
- You've survived every step to this point. It’s time to get out there and start mixing it up. You've shown you can take a solo, a rally, so go out there and stomp enemies.
Game of war is forever changing! With new gear and stats coming out there is always a need to adjust, always test and be sure to shield if you’re offline!