Am I safe? It’s a question that everyone asks us often. However, it is honestly a difficult question to answer. We can tell you what troops to build and how to build a strong base. We can give you numbers and help strategize with you about how much you need of what, but this is Game of War.
And just like any other war, it is constantly changing. Two days ago I was capping rallies with my hero out and today if I unshield in my best gear, I am a solo zero. So how do we quantify safe in this crazy game?
Note: This article was last updated on 10/11/17. With the current pace of the game it's possible that this article will be outdated in a few days or less, BEWARE! Do you best to understand the math and strategy behind this article so that you can regularly update your trap on your own knowledge in the future.
Right now the answer to that question for most is, No. Go pick up your blue shield and train more troops or wait until you can get more stats. And as we all know stats come at a price and eventually you run out of RSS or speeds.
There is so much more than the proper build to whether or not you are safe. Honestly, I shield my account every night, no matter what. Even if I can cap everyone from the Wal-mart lead in my Kingdom to the maxed Ctesse or Giggle TX.
Here’s why this game is always changing. It used to be that we all knew exactly what time the newest release would be. We would wait and speculate together what was coming next. However, over the past weeks multiple times we have been surprised with releases at unusual times. Players are caught off guard and wake up to a zeroed account.
So are you safe? Probably not. When in the space of hours the biggest players begin to burn then definitely not. This is war and is anyone ever truly safe in a war?
So How do you protect yourself?
All of us put a lot of time and resources into our accounts. So we want to protect what we have built. So how do we do this?
My Top 5 Tips
- Always Shield - You can have the most troops in the game but what we have learned is it does not matter. You can go from invincible to zeroed in moments. What we saw today was that every king in every kingdom ended up zeroed. They are unable to shield and therefore when the attack was multiplied to huge levels they were not protected.
- Be Aware - When new releases come out, know and understand what the stats offer and how does it affect the current scenario. One of the things we heard when runes and gems were released was that there was a glitch. People were getting one hit zeroed and the biggest players were not safe! However, this was not a glitch. What was not accounted for was the huge amount of attack that was released with this. On top of new gear levels, players equipped with these items became a force to be reckoned with.
- Educate Yourself - Know and understand what the stats are for, what they mean, what they do and what you need. Stats can be very difficult. They are constantly changing and unfortunately, there’s not a guide to stats released. So many times we don’t know for sure beyond testing so we do it ourselves. However, there is a wealth of information out there and people who are willing to help you learn (i.e. us here your real tips team)!
- Ask Questions - People get worried that if they ask questions they appear stupid. Here’s the thing, you look dumber if you do not ask! If something confuses you, it’s better to ask before you lose all your troop and waste a lot of money! Even I do not always know everything. That’s why we exist within a community so we can help each other and support each other.
- Keep An Eye on the Little Things - Often there are so many little things that contribute to our success within the game. From runes to banners to gems to avatars. These things are always updating. Forgetting one thing can drastically alter your results. So keep an eye on them and we’ll help you keep on it as well!
So what makes me safe today?
A lot has changed in the last 48 hours. First, you had gear level up to level 2000 which added a lot of attack. Then we had new gems and runes. The gems are insane the amount of attack that is added. People were being 1 hit zeroed that even Leads had to shield. There seemed to be no answer except add troops or shield. So for today if you wanna be safe the new Divine Leviathan Defender’s Axe banner is the absolute best way. Max RD was 115MTish and the new banner adds 500MT!!!!!!! That isn't just something nice to have. This is a MUST!!!! Building boost also have been increased to level 200. You can check out our building boost and best banners article here.
Now for troop count. I am seeing a lot of people saying it needs to be 20ttt-30ttt power but personally I capped sh225, hero 325 63T t18 rally with 1.5ttt troops (I am only 15ttt power) It wasn't just a one and done. I'm talking 30-40 Heros. Soloes and rallies from all different sizes. So for right now, I recommend between 1.3ttt-1.7ttt troops. T2/t4 set up. 11:1 ratio. My t2 are even split but no strat. Only reg and wild. (***THAT'S WITH THE NEW BANNER*** )
These numbers were tested against new attack gear.
This will keep you safe for now as long as you have a very strong setup. I will update the troop part of this as new releases come out. That way we can all stay a little safer.
So are you safe? It depends on the day. The war is constantly changing. Stay on Guard!
This article is not meant to be a trap guide but will help those players in building one. Traps are players who appear weak, but actually perform very well.
Here are some of the recent articles that help you to be safe in Game of War:
More recent guides will be posted here so check them out frequently.
So let's jump into what is needed to avoid being zeroed in Game of War. What's safe now?
Currently the best defense gear is Radiant Marksman. There are three options of accessories to use with this gear. This gear offers increased defense stats and also provides DDR and DAR. For more information Check out our article on Radiant Marksmen!
Currently Hero Levels go up to 300. Hero levels provide good increases in defense when well skilled.
See Hero Level article for more detailed information!
VIP has provided massive increases in stats over the past week and can now go to level 450 which is very important and a must have. It is a stat that is innate without your hero which is essential for those Heroless hits.
Currently, a lot of players worry that T2 are dead. This is not true but you do need a solid build to utilize them. When utilizing T2, you also have to layer troops correctly and not allow yourself to become nerfed. If you don’t have enough T2 and you need massive quantities at this time will burn badly.
T4 builds are also common right now because they allow people to take somewhat less damage with hits, however, it does increase your power more quickly.
Hint: if you’re wanting to take Heroless hits, build an infantry shield. See our Rally Lead Trap article for more information! And for you trappers check out the art of baiting when you’re ready!
Banners make a huge difference! Currently, the Divine Leviathan Defender's Axe Banner has 500MT Resolute Defense. This is a must-have!
Check out our Banners Selection Guide for the updated best Banners for each category.
Don’t forget to craft and equip the latest potion, the Rejuvenator Potion!
Research is of utmost importance. There are huge defense boosts research! Over the past couple of weeks, we have seen this in Dungeon Research and T15 through T17 Research. Research is the hidden power of a strong account. My recommendation is to keep your research as maxed as possible!
So you've got your build done. Now you're ready to drop that shield and donate troops. First, ask the best rally leader in your alliance for a solo without hero. Send them your coordinates. It's best if its away from any action or enemies 😉
Steps to Testing
- Find a trusted and strong rally leader. Ask for a test. Send them your cords and go to step 2.
- Have your friend attack you solo without hero first. If you burn, stop and adjust. Otherwise to go step 3.
- Next solo with hero. Burn, stop, else go to step 4. If you cap then its time for a rally perhaps.
- Rally time. The difference in troop size between solo and rally is huge now. So, it may be wise to take a half full rally first. Then a full one. Go to step 5.
- You've survived every step to this point. Its time to get out there and start mixing it up. You've shown you can take a solo, a rally, so go out there and stomp enemies.
Game of war is forever changing! With new gear and stats coming out there is always a need to adjust, always test and be sure to shield if you’re offline!