Comparing Troop Health, Defense, Attack and Combinations
This is the 3rd post in the series of Battle Tested articles. This is another one of THE MOST controversial topics in Game of War and we are here once again to show you the truth with real battle tests, with real troops, and with real numbers.
Rallies are no doubt becoming a MUCH larger part of Game of War, but how do you choose which boost to turn on and which gear to equip when you are trying to defend against maximum amount of troops?
Hi everyone, General Bow here again. Lots of people have asked me which stats matter most when defending to kill the most troops and lose the least amount of troops. To test this, I used two identical accounts with every stat and research identical, just like the last set of battle tests.
As a follow-up from last week’s Battle Tested: Health vs Defense vs Attack Combination article which was focused on attacking, this week we will use the same bonuses but test them on defense, so that it simulates you defending against an attack or rally.
Attacker: 16,686 troops (54% more)
Defender: 10,803 troops
To get a base line of kills and losses I attacked the stronghold with no stats on both the attacker and the defender. Test # 1 shows the results.
Spreadsheet of Results
Analysis From A Defensive Perspective
When looking at a single boost alone:
- Attack is the least effective for defense if you are trying to save your troops, because you lose the most troops. On the other hand, you kill 1.69% more troops then when using health or defense. (Test #4)
- Health boost is best if you are trying to preserve your troops, and you kill the same as defense. (Test #3)
- Defense boost is 2nd best. (Test #2)
When looking at combinations:
- Attack and Defense is essentially equal to Attack and Health when it comes to defending your troops (Test #5,6)
- Health and Defense are far superior for defense than the other two combinations for not losing troops. (Test #7)
Conclusion: Health and Defense is the best combination for defense if you want to save troops.
Secondary Conclusion: If you still want to focus on killing enemy troops, add some attack bonus so that you have a combination of all 3 stats (attack, defense, health).
Although, if you are worried you don’t have a enough troops to absorb a T4 rally, start by boosting your health and defense stats as much as possible while you are training troops and testing your fortitude.