The Importance of War Generals
If your alliance keeps getting burned, you need a good war general.
War generals are dedicated members in your alliance used to lead the war efforts. I’m going to walk you through some problems alliances have in regards to war that war generals solve, why you need war generals, and what type of person a war general should be.
Problems you might be having in your alliance related to war:
- No dedicated rally leaders
- Consistently losing wars you think you should win
- Uncoordinated hive and rally attacks
- Your alliance gets consistently farmed by larger players
- Non-skilled / non-powerful players try to lead rallies and end up costing your alliance a lot of troops
Considering the game is called Game of War, war generals (WGs) sound like pretty essential players of the game don’t they? That’s because they are. Any interaction your alliance has regarding war should be influenced–and in most cases–controlled by your WGs. One of the most frustrating parts of this game is when your alliance is consistently getting burned and your are losing troops and resources daily. It’s impossible to grow and become a dominant player in that scenario. This is where your WG needs to step and take control of educating your members how to protect themselves. If certain players continue to allow themselves to be farmed by not protecting their resources or troops, than it is the WGs duty to either notify the alliance leader or kick the player himself.
Primarily, if your alliance wants to be formidable in any way, you need to be good at fighting in all 4 ways:
- Rallying enemy targets
- Defending against rallies
- Single attacks
- Defending against single attacks
Your war general(s) need to be knowledgeable in all these areas.
As I’m sure you all have experienced in some way by now is how crucial communication is in the game; not just while you are being attacked, but also outside of war.
- He can lead your members.
- Other members listen to him. It must be a standard that when the general is coordinating, no one else talks in the chat.
- He calls out targets (by all-mailing coords, posting them in a google doc, or some other way).
- He can contact people when they are not online to warn them if their shield goes down, or if they are being rallied.
- He encourages members to fight and sets a good example by earning a respectable amount of points each kill event.
- He coordinates most fighting efforts.
- He ensures the most important fighters get the resources they need from the bank when they need them for training or healing troops
Heroes are where the strength comes from in a rally. So, your war general should have one of the best heroes in the alliance, if not the best. The benefits of being a consistent rally leader means they will earn a lot of hero xp and battle loot. Battle loot increases by the amount and level of troops you have in a rally. If your alliance really wants to focus on improving your general’s hero, make the sure that general has as many troops as possible for battle in the highest tier he has researched.
Funny / Unfortunate Story: When I was talking to a friend about this post he was telling me how this one guy wanted to be a war general because he thought he had a good hero. So, they let him lead a rally without paying close enough attention to what gear the guy was wearing. They ended up losing the battle by 200k T4 troops and everyone got pissed. They put the guy on war probation for a month and will probably never let him lead a rally again. Make sure to qualify the member who wants to be your war general so you don’t cost your alliance some good troops.
Question for you guys:
What roles does your WG play in your alliance? Does he/she do their job well? If not, why?
Are there any attributes of a war general that I missed?
P.S. Happy Belated Thanksgiving to All 😀
Please take a moment to follow me on twitter, facebook, or google+ for immediate updates when I make a post 🙂