With the abundance of different presets in the Dragon Dimension it can be nice to have guides that break all of them down. Previously we have taken a closer look at skills presets for your Hero including skill and gear presets. Today we are going to take a closer look at March Presets and how they help you as a player whether you be a defender, filler, or attacker.
The History of March Presets in the Dragon Dimension
March Presets were first released in the Dragon War Dimension in conjunction with Draconic Combat Research. In order to unlock these presets, you had to complete this research. As time has passed more and more features have been added to your Dragon March Presets and it is now influenced by more than just research.
Factors that Influence your Dragon Dimension March Presets
Currently, there are two factors that influence your March Presets. These two factors are:
As mentioned above the Draconic Combat Research is what you will be looking at when you look to open your March Presets. This Research can be found inside your Academy in the Draconic Combat Tab. Currently, you can have a total of 10 March Presets. To max this level you must complete the “March Preset” Node of this research all the way to level 10.
The second factor that affects your March Presets, VIP, allows you to add the “extras.” By extras, we are looking at your Dragon and your Monsters. There are two different VIP levels we are looking at here:
- VIP Level 117- This level will unlock your “Dragon Combat Preset.” This initially brought a lot of confusion with players believing this would unlock Dragon Skills Presets, however, that feature is not available until VIP 140+. The Dragon Combat Preset simply allows you to add your Dragon into your March Presets.
- VIP Level 124- This level will unlock your “Monster Combat Preset” this allows you to add your Monsters to your March Presets so you do not have to choose which ones you want to use every time.
The Benefits of March Presets
March Presets seem great right? However, for some players who are not attackers they can often feel like just an extra feature that you do not really need. So I also want to spend some time talking about the benefits of March Presets for each type of player. We are also going to spend some time talking about the benefits of March Presets for your Alliance as a whole.
March Presets for Attackers and Wonder Players
For our Attackers, March Preset usefulness is going to be more obvious. Whether you are playing Wonder or Attacking another empire March Presets are going to give you the ability to be able to strike quickly which at times is very important. Having March Presets setup will cut time off the process of sending your March.
March Presets for Fillers and Trap Players
When it comes to filling rallies it can be difficult at times. If your whole alliance is fighting to get troops in the rally then being able to quickly send your March is going to be beneficial. By having Presets of Marchs you know that your leads use then you will be able to quickly fill rallies.
For traps, if you are fillers as well, see above. However, if you do not fill rallies you can still use presets. I tend to set mine up for the troops I prefer to use when farming or Siege Marches for when we have Days of War.
March Presets for your Alliance
Whoa, whoa, whoa, what do you mean March Presets for the alliance? This sounds like a lot of work Cin… Well if you have ever been part of an alliance where rallies are constantly being reset because people are not filling correctly then setting up alliance presets is less work and results in less arguing.
By setting alliance presets it simplifies the process of filling because it allows your Lead to call out a preset number and then all of your players automatically know what to do. Instead of trying to check the leads March or trying to get it right they just need to push the number of the preset.
How Do We Set Up Alliance March Presets?
In order to set up these presets, you will need to work with your main leads. They will need to let you know what the March Presets should include. This will consist of their most commonly used Marches. Different presets you may see are:
- Mixed T6
- Infantry T6
- Ranged T6
- Cavalry T6
When preparing your alliance for these presets there will need to be a high level of communication. Players will need to know the following:
- What Preset number to use for the various Marchs
- What Troops to use including Type and whether it should be Regular, Strategic, or Wild and the percentage players should input
- If any Dragons should be associated with that preset
- Any Mercs that should be associated with that preset
All of this needs to be done while working closely with your leads. Ultimately they will be the ones calling out the preset to use so it is important that they know which are which. So they can simply call out Preset 1 instead of listing what they need. Further communication will be needed however when discussing Mercs and Dragons due to there being more strategy over what Dragons to send and the number of Mercs sent.
Set Up your March Presets
Now that we have discussed the history, the factors, and the benefits we are going to dive into the use of March Presets. In order to use March Presets, you must know how to set them up.
First Things First
You cannot set up your March Presets if you do not know where to find your Presets. When accessing your March Presets you will go to your Barracks. Here you will see two tabs:
- March Presets
Click on your March Preset Tab and you are ready to start setting these presets up.
Set it Up
We are going to go over a step by step list of how to set up your March Presets.
- Go to your March Presets Screen
- Choose the Slot you want to set up. If the spot already has a preset that you are updating be sure to hit reset before you start.
- Choose whether or not you want your Hero sent with this March. If so click the checkbox.
- Choose what Dragon you want to be associated with this preset. While you can pick multiple only one Dragon will be sent when you send your March so it is better to only pick one.
- Choose your Troops, this is done on a percentage basis to allow you to divide up your troops how you want. You will choose your Mercs here as well.
- Click your Monster tab and choose the Monsters you want to be associated with the preset.
- Name your Preset, this will replace the text “Slot 2” with the name of your choosing.
- Click save, While saving a preset for the first time is free when you update it there is a cost of 1,000 Gold.
Use Your March Preset
We have walked through a lot of information about March Presets. So now we get to the fun part! Whether you are occupying a tile, marching on an empire or the Wonder, or filling a rally when you go to your March Screen you will see this:
The list of numbers seen is your presets. Any preset with an X through it indicates that you do not have enough troops of that type to be able to use that preset. To use your preset do the following:
- Choose the number preset
- Ensure there are no final adjustments you want to make (maybe you do not want to send your Hero or Dragon this time) and just make that change quickly from the March screen.
- Deal with any pop-ups you may have (if these pop-ups are too pesky most of them can be turned off in settings)
- Hit March and you are on your way!
We have tons of great guides to help you along your way as you build your Dragon Dimension Account. Check out some of these articles!
Let’s Talk Hero Presets
Let’s talk about more presets! Your Dragon Dimension Hero comes with its own presets. Do not miss out on this information!
Stay Tuned for more great information from our Realtip Team as Game of War continues to evolve.
Click here to sign up for email alerts when the new guides are posted
Also be sure to join our community on Line, Facebook, and Discord for more on the go tips!
Line: Add thatcinder and request an invite to the Game of War Realtips room (Please let me know if you are specifically looking for our Demigods room)
Discord: click here
Facebook: click here