Everyone needs a little time away. It happens. Sometimes things happen where you just need to put down the game and take some time for yourself. Nevertheless, we all have returned. The game pulls you back in, but mostly, it’s the people we meet and form relationships with that brings us back. So we redownload the game, reset passwords we forgot, and watch the game come back to life, and prepare to learn how to catch up in the Demigod Dimension.
Then it hits you, you are faced with the realization that you have no idea what is going on. With the release rate in the Demigod Dimension, it’s easy to fall behind, feel overwhelmed, and not know where to begin to put your account back together. So let’s take some time to figure out how to catch up in Demigod Dimension.
Get Back in the Community
Game of War has an extensive community of players. The players have found many ways to communicate and share information regarding the game using different apps. Line and Discord are the two most common apps used by Game of War players for this purpose. Real Tips has both a Line room and a Discord Room for the Game of War community. These rooms have a vast amount of knowledge from many different players, and we all share and help each other as much as possible. If you would like to be added to our Line room please add me, Line ID is slapmesilly, and I will add you to our RealTips room.
Find a Friend
Everyone needs to have one person to act as a mentor to help guide you back into the game. Find someone willing to be there to answer all of your questions about how to catch up in the demigod dimension. Add them to your Contact List in-game so you can easily reach out when you are buried deep in building and need a fast answer. This person will also be a good resource to help you pick your packs wisely! The great part is that most players are very helpful, and this should be an easy step.
Join an Active Alliance
This is a very important step in making your comeback! The obvious reason is that you have a group of people to help you guide you in the right direction. However, there are a few less obvious reasons. The first being the Alliance Helps. This will save you speeds when you are researching, building, and training. Also, many people learn by watching. Being in an active alliance you can watch conversations in alliance chat. You can observe rallies. This will help you learn how to use any new features. Not to mention, it is so much easier to complete alliance events when you are with a group that is logging in the game consistently.
Make a Plan for Your City
Now that you are in the Real Tips rooms, you found a mentor, and you found an alliance, it’s time to focus on the actual work. This is where most people get overwhelmed. However, breaking it down into sections makes it easier. Here is an easy checklist of things to pay close attention to when you are catching your account back up:
- Hero and Gear– Get your hero leveled up and make sure you have presets ready with training, construction, and research gear. You also want to make sure you have your combat gear (defense, attack, wonder) and march increase gear for filling rallies. Don’t forget to add gems and runes and to power up and enhance your gear! We have a Demi Hero Guide that helps you decide which hero to use and how to skill it. There are nine different demi heroes, so use the Demi hero guide so you do not get overwhelmed!
- Building Levels– A lot of the research requires your academy to be at a certain level. Therefore, it is best to try and build as high as you can go before you start researching. The nice thing is that most catch up packs now have instant building levels, and you will only be 10-15 levels behind. This goes for both main buildings and the special buildings. Do not forget to also level the Master Garrison, Monster Lair, Pantheon, and Alchemy Lab.
- Research– This is the foundation of every great account, so make sure you complete as much of your missing research as possible. Demi side has “Instant Multiple Research” which means with one click you can complete a research tree as far as your resources, speeds, and materials will allow you to. This feature is a time saver!! We give tips on all the research trees in our Demigod Research Guide.
- VIP– Make sure you add in all the VIP points that you have in your treasure tab! Also, double-check that any new VIP levels are using a different type of VIP points. (Legendary VIP vs Inspired VIP)
- Lifetime Boost Hall– This is one of the more tedious tasks of coming back to the game. The boost hall has quite a few different boost components and stats, and it can take some time to go through them all. But, these are critical stats to your city! The old components can also be found in events. The good news is that this building has been updated recently and is a breeze to get through! If you want to learn more about the updates check out the Boost Hall article.
- Monster Lair– Monsters are now in the wall for defending as well. Make sure you open all your monster chests in the treasure tab and then spend time leveling the most important monsters to your city first. Then, assign monsters to the wall that you want to protect you. This is another updated Demi building that you can read about in the New Monster Lair article.
- Banners– Open all banner chests in the treasure tab and combine them to their highest levels in the forge. Next, go equip the best four banners that you have.
- Avatars– Once again, you will need to open chests (you can find a lot of avatar chest in events right now!). Sometimes you will need to combine avatar collectibles first, but the majority of the time should be full avatars that need to be unlocked. Once you have a full set you will also need to activate the avatar stat bonuses.
- Potions– Craft at least 3 new potions to get you started. This should last you for a month if you have a potion running 24-7.
- Training Troops– There is no reason to have to train troops until right before you are ready to drop your shield. The only exception to this is if you need to gather resources. If that is the case, train just enough to fill a march. Once you are done training troops, make your march presets in your barracks. For information about which gear and hero to use for training each troop tier, check out the Troop Training Guide.
There are always a few things to know while working on catching up.
- Use events to your advantage. If there is a VIP event going on and you are upgrading VIP, only add enough points to make the event, and then wait till the next round to add more points. This will allow you to win more prizes that you probably need! The Bonus Catch Up Extravaganza Events also offer materials that are useful to players returning to the game.
- Read Blogs. Take the time to go back through the posted blogs to see what has been released recently so you can familiarize yourself with all the current features.
- See if there are any Catch Up Tokens available to use in-game. These are a recent addition to the game that help returning players save time and a BUNCH of money catching up to a near current level. It’s a lot easier, and less discouraging, to start from 1240 on buildings than to start on level 1.
- Spend wisely on packs. Don’t go crazy buying packs the first day. Buy the discounted “catch up” pack that is offered. Then, spend a few days going through and applying everything in that discount pack. After that, you can easily see where you lack the most, and then you can pick the best packs for your city.
- Flip resources on rural buildings. Make sure that your farm, mine, quarry, and villas are producing the correct tier of resources that will help you to train more troops. I suggest getting started on T7 production right away!
- If you want to change your villas to hospitals or hospitals to barracks, make sure that you do that BEFORE using your instant building levels.
- After you train troops, get some test hits from leads in your alliance. Then, get a test from someone that is maxed. Analyze results and fix your setup. If you are struggling with this area, we have a checklist for you to use in the Where to Find Stats page.
- Last but not least, USE REALTIPS! Check out our Attack, Defense, and Wonder quick guides that give you all the best information right on one easy to understand page. It lists the best gear, runes, gems, potions, monsters, and banners for each type of account!
Drop Your Shield and Have Fun!
Now it’s time to finally join the fun! Drop your shield and get in some rallies. Don’t forget that continually taking hits is the best way to test your account. Maintaining an account is an ongoing process, but it is certainly part of the fun.
Have a tip for players returning to the game? Comment below and tell us what was the best advice you received when you returned to playing Game of War.