It is Merge week! This week new life is being breathed into our Dragon Kingdoms with Merges. We have seen multiple Kingdoms reduced down into 6 Kingdoms overall with one new Kingdom. This means change is upon us all and we have new neighbors and Kingdoms to build.
When it comes to KvK events and weekly gameplay this is going to change what our landscape looks like. Today I want to spend some time discussing what we may see as we move forward and how to keep protecting yourself and build up a strong kingdom.
Some players who came from already active Kingdoms will not see much change. However, those of us who were living in Kingdoms with maybe one big alliance are going to have to go through a bit of an adjustment process. Here are some of the things we should watch out for as the landscape of the Dragon Dimension changes.
Be On Top of Your Account Safety
In less active kingdoms you may be able to get away with sitting around in the wrong gear or letting your shield drop when you are not online. However, as many kingdoms now have multiple big alliances this will not be as likely to be safe anymore. For players who were not a part of the “big alliances” in your previous kingdoms, you may be used to this. However, to those who were a part of the ruling alliance, you cannot count on the fact that everyone in the Kingdom is weaker than the bigs in your alliance anymore.
Five Quick Tips to Ensure your Safety
- If you cannot cap consistently then stay shielded when offline.
- When you log out even if you are shielded be sure to be wearing defensive gear in case your shield drops before you can get on to replace it.
- Set an Alarm on your phone to remind you about your shield.
- Make sure people know how to get in contact with you if you are burning.
- If you do not have the loyalty to shield and have no troops anyways then set a fake rally or send your Hero to a friend to keep safe.
Changes to KvK Kill Events
With only six kingdoms now being in the Dragon Dimension, the number of Wonders available to hold during KvK will be reduced. This hopefully will mean a few things:
- We will see much more active Wonders with battles occurring
- Players who may have previously held a Wonder unchallenged will need to transition to PvP if they can no longer compete in that arena (this translates to more hits for our defenders)
Changes for Daily Wonder Holders
When it comes to Kingdom Wonders there are many times when you will see one big alliance in a mostly inactive Kingdom who dominates the Wonder to the point where it’s no longer a real battle. This is nice for those players however, ultimately a little boring.
With the merges, this will allow the opportunity for more competitive play around the Wonder during the week. This is positive because it allows alliances to play and test different setups which ultimately will make for stronger kingdoms during events.
Five Realtips to Create a Kingdom that you want to Be a part of
In Dragon, Ancient Teleports are not readily available. While we will see them occasionally it is not like Demi where players freely move from one Kingdom to the next. In ways, this is limiting but it’s also nice that we know who is in our Kingdom and can build and work together to create a Kingdom that is worth being a part of.
Realtip Number One: Be Like Bill
Kingdom chat can easily quickly become a toxic place. However, if we work together as a community and Kingdom to not allow certain things that can be a huge help. While there will always be trolls in Kingdom Chat, that’s just a fact, there are things that none of us should condone or be okay with.
Oftentimes those players that we refer to as “Keyboard Warriors” are looking for some type of attention. Do not feed into that behavior and use your block button. We have all unfortunately seen messages that just disgust us but giving that behavior attention will encourage it to continue.
Realtip Number Two: Make Friends (and okay maybe enemies)
Make some friends guys. Friends ultimately become allies and allow you to work together as a Kingdom to excel. Plus you get the awesome chance to make a new friend. Feel free to make enemies too but at the end of the day remember that it is a game and leave the rivalry in the game.
Realtip Number Three: I Really Hate this One
Okay, guys, I am gonna say this and attempt not to be sick… I am just gonna do it… I really do hate these words:
I hate Kingdom rules. However, I will admit that it does help some kingdoms thrive. This is something that each individual Kingdom will have to decide whether or not it is right for them. Whether you create a Kingdom Leadership chat or have those discussions in Kingdom Chat the decision does need to be made whether or not you will have Kingdom rules. Some Suggestions for potential rules could revolve around:
- CRR (For my newbs, that is Catch, Release, and Ransom and is a friendly way to keep from wasting hems throughout the week. This is not as relevant when players do not cap much but do come into play.)
- Tile Hitting- I mean if I get hit on a tile, whatever, it is a war game. However, there have been wars over tile hitting and monster stealing.
- Purge- Oh the wonderful days of purging… Do you purge before KvK? If you do when will this happen? Who is a target for purging? Or are you just all blood and guts throughout the week?
These are just a few things you can consider when determining whether or not your Kingdom wants to implement, Kingdom Rules (yuck).
Realtip Number Four: Let’s Talk about Wonder
With more active alliances in your Kingdom, the battle for Wonder throughout the week can quickly become, well exhausting. Some Kingdoms may love a 24/7 Super Wonder. However, for those that do not, you may want to decide on Wonder Rotation for your Kingdom.
I do want to caution you that by doing this if done wrong it will take away the chance to practice for battles ahead. Some Suggestions around setting up a Wonder Rotation include:
- Plan for times that include active gameplay. This means battling it out and trying different setups.
- Know the rotation and respect it. When the active battle ends respect the alliance whose turn it is to hold and they will respect you when it is your turn (hopefully).
- Consider having time frames to allow smaller players to get some Wonder practice. It is difficult being a smaller player who has dreams of Wonder but has no hope of going up against some of the biggest names in the game. Plan some time where this player base can also play around the Wonder so they do not feel left out and become resentful.
Realtip Number Five: Foster A Healthy Sense of Competition in your Kingdom
An active Kingdom is a happy Kingdom. Healthy competition during the week is important to keep your kingdom active and logging in. However, it is also important because it helps the players in your Kingdom prepare for the events ahead. Healthy competition can be achieved by using the steps above. However, here is a quick recap:
- DO NOT allow your Kingdom to become Toxic.
- Make Friends
- Consider the dreaded words (Kingdom Rules)
- Consider whether or not a Wonder Rotation is a good idea for your Kingdom
However, the biggest part of this is at the end of the day just have fun. It is a game and when it ceases to be fun players do not want to log in.
We have a ton of other articles to help you with your strategy, and we also have a ton of community pieces that will have you laughing out loud and saying PREACH! As our community continues to evolve be sure to get to know some of the players that are a part of it!
Player Spotlight: Mobile Wonder
We love spotlighting our community and we have more articles that talk about tons of players in the Game of War Community. You may remember the player spotlight we did on Mobile Wonder in the past but if you haven’t gotten the chance to read it make sure you hop over and give it a read.
Player Spotlight: WorldWond3r
World Wond3r is just one of the bada** women who play Game of War and you saw her mentioned above! Make sure you take the time to check out her Player Spotlight and spend some time reading over the spotlights we have had the opportunity to shine on other members of our amazing community.
Stay Tuned for more great information from our Realtip Team as Game of War continues to evolve.
Click here to sign up for email alerts when the new guides are posted
Also be sure to join our community on Line, Facebook, and Discord for more on the go tips!
Line: Add thatcinder and request an invite to the Game of War Realtips room (Please specify if you are looking for our Demigod Room)
Discord: click here
Facebook: click here