Summon Your Inner Alchemist!
Two of the most common questions I get asked is how do I make a good potion or do you have any potion recipes?
While there are some great potion recipes floating around in the Game of War Community, we don’t always have the specific ingredients or vials at our fingertips. So, what then can we do?
There’s light at the end of the tunnel! I too ran into this issue until a good friend shared a “method” as opposed to a recipe. I’d like to share that method with you.
As you read through this article you will learn about what different types of potions you can craft, how each type can be effective for your Empire, and how to craft the best potions for your specific needs.
It’s simpler than you’d think. First, you need to decide what stats you’d like your Potion to add to your set up. In other words, what gaps or weak areas in your setup need to be addressed or what task are you looking to do? This can be several things depending upon what you want to do and your play style.
-Rally fillers and Traps may want to add Defense, Attack, or Attack Debuff.
-Rally leads could want to add Rally Attack, Defense Debuffs, or Empire Rally Attack.
-Wonder leads will want Wonder specific stats.
Type of Potions
Here are some examples and scenarios for the different types of potions you could craft as well as when and where they could be used to improve your overall empire stats.
Defense and Type Defense
Your Defense stats are a bit low and you need to increase those. This is helpful when you’re not quite up to date on research, have low VIP, and stronghold or hero levels. This scenario could encompass several account types. Trap accounts that choose to look small and like to appear as a great target by keeping all those visible attributes at low levels. An example of this might be a stronghold 1265 with a hero several tiers below maximum, low power, higher tier troops, and research. Another instance would a newer player still in the building stage and trying not to lose too much if attacked.
Attack and Type Attack
This type of potion is very useful to either increase your Attack for soloing, add Attack to complement rallies, or to add needed Attack to your Defense to complete a more balanced setup and kill more incoming troops when being attacked. Type Attack could be useful when using one troop type, also referred to as a missile, for attacking targets.
Rally Attack/WH or Empire Rally Attack
This type of potion is for rally leads, those reasons are obvious, to help strengthen your Empire or Wonder rally attack. Some rally leads prefer the Rally Attack/WH stat as a focus as it’s not a stat that can be debuffed and they typically already have high attack stats. It comes down to which works best for each player’s individual preferences.
This stat is also widely used and an important stat for Wonder Leads in potions while defending a Wonder.
Wonder Health and Wonder Rally
These potions are specific for the Wonder leads in the game when every added stat can make a difference. Wonder leads will often craft several of both a Wonder Holding type of potion and a Wonder Rally type of potion. Having several crafted and available in your inventory would allow the lead to switch once a Wonder is won and back again if needed. Be forewarned though that once a potion is changed to another, it expires and is gone.
Attack or Defense Debuff
These potions are often used by both leads and defenders. Attack Debuff is most often added when your Defense stats are high and you want to minimize the attack stats of your opponents to minimize losses.
Defense Debuff stats are mainly beneficial when you are attacking or leading a rally attack and your attack stats in your empire are high and you want to weaken the Defense stats of your target when attacking.
Here’s A Method I’ve Found To Be Very Effective In My Potion Crafting Experience
- Equip your 550 Pre-Demigod hero.
- Ensure it’s skilled for maximum potion luck in the hero skill tree.
- Go into your Alchemy Lab to now begin.
- Choose Craft Potion.
- Decide on a stat to build on. Stats are listed at the bottom of each vial.
- Choose the vial tab and best vial you have that focuses on that stat. (You can use the specific stat tabs to help you find the most appropriate vial).
- Tap on the vial in the window on the top of the screen to reveal the stats it contains. (As pictured below).
- Tap on the ingredients tab that matches the stats you want to add, for example, attack, health, or Defense.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list for the ingredients with the highest percentage of stats.
- Start adding up to six ingredients that all have the same stat you are wanting from best to least. If you only have a few of the ingredients that give great stats you can alternatively add a second related ingredient. For example, Rally/WH Attack, and add Troop Attack or Defense Debuffs as that second stat ingredient for the last one or two spots if needed. You can watch the stats add up and grow as you add in the top part of that window.
- Review carefully the stats to ensure you’ve maximized your stats that you want in your potion. Make adjustments if you feel you need some. You can remove an ingredient by tapping on it a second time.
- Now is the time to tap on Craft and see your creation come to life! You can now view it and add it to your potion inventory or activate it immediately.
- Be sure you have your hero 550 equipped and skilled with the extended potion skill in the hero tree when you choose and activate your new Potion. This will enable you to get the extended duration of 14 days from 10 days if activated with any other hero.
Stat types are listed under each ingredient except in the case of a few ingredients. To find the stats of those that don’t provide a description follow the steps listed here:
- Tap on one of the ingredients with no description to add it to your potion
- The added stat it provides lights up in green print showing the new total of that particular stat at the top of the screen where it’s listing all the stats of your potion as you progress.
- Simply tap the ingredient again to remove it if it’s not giving the stat you are wanting to add.
Once activated, a potion will last 10-14 days. Changing your potion before it expires and activating a new one, immediately expires the one you had running and can no longer be reactivated.
Potion ingredients and vials are often prizes in certain events. Since ingredients and vials are consumable it’s a good idea to complete as many of those events as possible.
Be sure to look in your treasures to open these chests before starting to craft your new potion. Open all pertinent items you may need. This will allow you to have as many options and quantities of ingredients and vials as possible.
Typically, what you want to achieve with a potion is to fill in gaps or weaknesses in your overall setup. The icing on the cake so to speak. This is true regardless of what those gaps are or what purpose you are crafting a potion for. Whether it’s a Defense, Attack, or Wonder type potion, a good potion can make a huge difference. The results of the task it’s meant to achieve will be greatly improved.
Most players I speak to find greater success in using potions that target 1 or 2 specific areas and stats rather than trying to craft something that covers several areas.
While a specific recipe is sometimes helpful, I’ve found using this method more useful as it helps to both target and fill specific gaps in your stats or strengthen for a specific task.
Have some fun and try out a few different potions and see what works best for your Empire!
25 Tips to Tune Up Your Account
Attack Quick Guide for Demigod
Building Demi Stats
The above articles are more great references for adding stats and further detailed information on growing your empire. Check them all out today and raise the bar on your game-play.
Whether you’re just starting out or well versed in the game, be sure to check out all the great articles here for you to read, use and share with your friends.
Come share your tips and suggestions!
RealTips has Line rooms, a Facebook page, and a Discord Channel. Do not be the only one that is not a part of the RealTips community! Be sure to check out our social media pages to connect with other GoW players and get the best tips on how to play!