You Might Be a Game of War Addict if...
It’s 3am…you rub your eyes and chug your 7th cup of coffee. Your spouse wanders downstairs and glares at you, staring glassy-eyed into your phone. Do you give in and go to bed for some snuggle time? Nope; you’re 10 hours into a kill event on Game of War. There’s no sleep in KVK! Many of us have similar memories from our time with GOW over the years.
You might be a Game of War Addict if you…
- Stayed up for 3 days straight to play Super Wonder. (Bonus points if you snored and peed on coms)
- Manually opened 90k chests before VIP allowed open all.
- Paid your children to open them instead
- Spent hours combining in the forge and risked a 40% gold – then crafted blue instead, and cried into your beer
- Navigated old locked realm politics: Only top 3 may farm in the forest! Wonder rotation!
- Squatted in help and behemoth alliances
- Remember the time before hemlock was a thing. (Yes, you waited 3 days or begged your hero free with gifts and funny stories.)
- Experienced the anticipation over a new cores set, especially to see what customs you could create
- Fought over monsters to try and get rare core mats and cores
- Paid your buddy in gifts for their Odin dig sites to try and get more RavensEye pendants for your customs
- Nailed the timing on a Counter Rally – That glorious feeling of watching your mortal enemy burn on impact as they tried to zero your alliance mate.
- Agonized over if the lead you were trying to counter rally really had their hero in the march or if they were trying to trick you (before battle marking was a thing)
- Swapped gems out between hits to adjust to the defenders gear
- Dealt with five-minute rallies – (just enough time to make a sammich!)
- Yelled, “C! C! DIDN’T YOU SEE ME SAY CORE!!!” in ac
- Got wild in prison parties – don’t read too much into this one 🙄
- Joined the enemy alliance to trade RSS to save said heroes from the prison party
- Got online the first day ancient ports became a thing and you ventured forth into a new world
- Participated in Burn squads
- Remember when everyone ported to one kingdom for a juicy target, while the rest of the game watched from their home kingdom. (Never sleep in blacksmith, k?)
- Created notebook after notebook/chart after chart of custom cores
- Popped those custom cores by mistake and cried into your beer…again. (sensing a theme?)
- Laughed maniacally as you wrecked someone with your super secret heroless cores…until SOMEONE published them on their website for the whole world to craft.
- Know what Sling launching is
- Stalked a target for hours, watching their helps and power to see if they were really asleep and
- Tossed your phone across the room when said target swapped gear on your march and
- Felt the satisfaction that came from zeroing his buddy because they didn’t wake up in time.
- Chased a heroless target around the kingdom
- Orbed for hours
- Celebrated the great Athena’s gift glitch: free Zeus cores. Then, logging all your sleeping friend’s accounts to collect them. You get a Zeus, you get a Zeus, you all get a Zeus!
- Participated in 4-hour long trapping burn downs – until you flickered out, got kicked and end up with a pig face. (But it was totally worth it)
- Set the trap with Kunai, the defense gear that would never die.
- Spent hours online discussing the best strategies for attacking or trapping
- Have dozens of invisible friends that shared much more than Game Of War with you. Your GOW friends were one of the best support systems in the world.
I could go on for days. After four years, there are so many memories. Let’s hear yours in the comments below!