Farming is alive and well in the Dragon Dimension! With the increase in traps who are using T1 resources to heal troops in their hospitals, farming is not only relevant but necessary. While we make jokes about whether or not it is a War Game or Farmville there are tricks and tips we need to know when we set out to prepare for the upcoming Kill Events.
Farming in Game of War
I have a confession… I hate farming. However, my intense dislike of farming also affects me as a burner trap. When it comes down to it the number of resources that come in packs are… well… limited. There is no way around that.
While some players will purchase many packs and have stockpiles of resources, I am not one of those players and so farming in the Dragon dimension has become a necessity. My biggest problem is that I am a lazy trap. Do not believe me? Just ask Mobile Wonder!
Five Realtips to Boost your Farming in the Dragon War Dimension
Soooo, today we are going to discuss tips and tricks for “farming” resources. Thanks to all in the community who shared their favorite farming tips with this lazy trap (I am definitely not the Farmer in the Dell).
Realtip Number One: Forget Gathering and Farm Accounts
If you really want to sit and gather, be my guest. In the space of 3 hours or so it will take you to farm 3.1M Food or Cheese from a tile though I will farm billions from a dead account. I will farm more in less than 30 seconds with one hit off a dead account then you just farmed off your Level 6 Tile over several hours.
However, if you want to sit and gather go for it, but also recognize that in that time you also may be tile hit and lose troops and not get the resources anyways. If you want to rake in a few extra resources while you are offline then you can gather but the amount is really small.
Pro Tip: If you are gathering unless you are setting up a Tile Trap DO NOT put your Hero on the tile. Those of you that do are the people who make me send see no evil monkey emojis.
Realtip Two: Find Accounts to Farm
I know I just told you to farm accounts to optimize the resources you are getting, which means I should probably tell you where to find said accounts to Farm. You have several options when it comes to this.
- Talk to other traps in your Alliance and see if they have accounts they farm that they are willing to share with you
- Create your own Farms
- Farm the dude that just got zeroed and was not the brightest and had opened a ton of resources (note this is why we say do not open all your Resources at once).
- Farm the dude that just got zeroed and had an excess or resources from farming the other accounts.
- Search your Kingdom for dead accounts that have great production and capacity but the storehouses do not protect enough of their resources. While some of these disappeared with the merges they still exist!
Disclaimer: I am not liable for you getting farmed. Protect your account and your resources or you will become a feast for those that surround you.
Realtip Three: Stop Being Lazy and Build your own Farms
Really this tip is for me, I am completely guilty of just using other people’s farms. Just ask BadSanta and he will tell you he often finds me stealing his food. Building your own farms may be a little work but it gives you the ability to have them and know that they will be available (unless I come along and steal from you too). Some things you can do to boost production and capacity on your farms include:
- When Creating a Farm if you want T2/T3 RSS work it up to Stronghold Level 15 First. This will help you get some production swaps as a reward for increasing your Stronghold Level. Otherwise, these valuable rewards cost 200k loyalty points.
- Complete Monster Hit Events- These events will allow you to max the Production and Capacity Boosts in your Boost Hall.
- If you are really hardcore check out the five-dollar beginner pack with the RSS Doubler.
- Use the Catch-up token to level your farm to 90 before you use this token be sure to set your buildings how you want them. Only build Villa if you want to be sure that you can also farm Silver, Capital, or Bonds. The instant 90 will automatically build Villas if you leave the slots empty so be sure to set hospitals if you do not want them.
Realtip Four: Consider your Storehouse
The Storehouse protects your resources. When you are building a farm ideally you do not want the storehouse protecting all of your resources unless you want to spend forever sending yourself RSS marches. Once your farm is all set up you can do a couple of things:
- Deconstruct your Storehouse completely
- Toss your Storehouse in Deconstruct when you are ready to farm.
The benefit to option two is you can keep thieves like me from coming along and stealing your RSS by canceling the deconstruction. The downside is that you have to log the farm and set it to deconstruct every time you want resources.
Realtip Five: All The Farming Tips Galore
There are tons of tricks and tips out there to help you farm faster and really stock up on resources. I am sure that today I will only touch on a few of them. However, hopefully, these tips will be enough to help you stock up and save.
- The Fastest way to obtain Resources is through burning other accounts with an excess of RSS over their storehouse protection. We all like fire so this should not be a problem.
- March Size is important here: The bigger your march the more resources your troops can carry home with them, so I guess I am saying, in this case, size matters.
- March Limit matters here, the more marches you have the more you can send at once. I like to farm in Hero 3 for the extra march.
- Being able to protect yourself while farming is also important. What this essentially means is that you need to be set up for defense so that if someone comes along and hits you while your troops are out you have some safety.
- Watch how many troops you have at once! If you are a tiny trap with hardly any troops you can get over half your troops out marching and if someone comes along and hits you before those troops are home, well you are likely to see yourself set ablaze in a matter of moments.
- With tips 4 and 5 in mind, stay aware of your surroundings. Be sure to watch who is porting in or who may be getting ready to strike. If you are worried about getting hit then be cautious.
I hate Farming too Cin
Are you like me and hate farming? I do not blame you. I farm because it is a necessary evil. However, there are other ways you can stock up on resources without farming and without spending a ton of money, even though some of these methods may include spending money.
- Watch for RSS giftable packs, these give a decent amount of RSS in giftables.
- Trade with your Alliance members, back in the day when everyone was trying to get to Stronghold 80 I found myself with an abundance of resources that other players needed because I was not trying to get to Stronghold 80. I would spend tons of time sending resources to my alliance members. I have seen that same generosity reciprocated when I need resources to heal. Your members who are not really using T1 RSS are gonna have plenty and may be willing to “feed you.”
- Complete Events, lately many of the events have provided some RSS.
- Be a Hoarder like me, I hoard resources. While I am willing to share I also hoard so that if desperate times call for desperate measures I have some fallback
We have a ton of other articles to help you with your strategy, and we also have a ton of community pieces that will have you laughing out loud and saying PREACH! As our community continues to evolve be sure to get to know some of the players that are a part of it!
Jazz up your Dragon Dimension Economy
Are you looking to Jazz up other Economy functions in your City? Make sure you check out our Economy articles that cover everything from Research to Monster Hunting.
Jazz up your Dragon Dimension Economy Part 1– This covers Construction and Research
Jazz up your Dragon Dimension Economy Part 2– This covers Training and Healing
Jazz up your Dragon Dimension Economy Part 3– This is all about Monster Hunting!!
Stay Tuned for more great information from our Realtip Team as Game of War continues to evolve.
Click here to sign up for email alerts when the new guides are posted
Also be sure to join our community on Line, Facebook, and Discord for more on the go tips!
Line: Add thatcinder and request an invite to the Game of War Realtips room (Please specify if you are looking for our Demigod Room)
Discord: click here
Facebook: click here