There are so many features and items to keep track of when playing Game of War, it can get overwhelming. This can mean that sometimes the little things can get overlooked and forgetting about them can make the difference between being capped or burned.
In this article, we are going to explore some of the little things that shouldn’t be forgotten when building your Dragon War Dimension account.
Let’s start with one of the little things that can make a huge difference. Gems are integral to the game and when leveled can add some amazing stats to your build. Currently, in the Dragon War Dimension, the gems that are available are limited but this also makes it a little easier to choose what gems you want to use for your setup. Here we will look at gems that are available and what stats they offer. However, be aware the gems you choose to use will be dependent on what you are able to level up and the stats that you want to enhance for your build.
- Infantry Gem- This Gem offers Infantry Attack at level 6 it gives 48%
- Cavalry Gem- This Gem offers Cavalry Attack at level 6 it also gives 48%
- Ranged Gem- This Gem offers Ranged Attack at level 6 it gives 48%
- Health Gem- This gives a Troop Health Bonus at level 6 you get 22%
- Siege Gem- This gem gives Siege Attack at level 6 it gives 48%
- Defense Gem- This Gem offers Troop Defense Bonus at level 6 it gives 25%
- Trap Gem- This Gem increases the attack of all Traps within your City at level 6 it gives 81%
- March Gem- Increases the March Speed of all Troop Types at Level 6 it offers 11%
- Demigod Dimension Barrage Gem- Offers Troop Attack Bonus
- Demigod Dimension Getaway Gem- Offers Troop Defense Bonus
- Demigod Dimension Cryptonom Gem- Offers Trap Attack, Troop Attack Bonus, and Troop Defense Bonus.
- Torment Gem- This Gem offers a Rally Attack Bonus at level 6 it gives 25%
These gems are a little different from the ones we listed above. They go in the fourth gem slot which is only available to be opened when you have completed the research in your Craft Research Tree to open them. In order to complete this research, you must be at least Academy Level 25.
- Prophecy Gem- this gem allows you to embed another Gem that matches the type of an already embedded Gem. By increasing the level of your prophecy Gem you increase the level of the duplicate Gem you can embed.
- Hades Gem- Hades Gems allows you to apply an “invisibility cloak” to your gear and prevents enemies from seeing what you are wearing. By leveling up these Gems you can increase the level of equipment you are able to cloak.
- Demigod Dimension Oversmash Gem- This Gem offers Trap Attack, Troop Attack Bonus, and Troop Defense Bonus
- Garnet Gem- This Gem increases the Attack and HP of all Infantry Troops
- Topaz Gem- This Gem increases the Attack and HP of all Cavalry Troops
- Sapphire Gem- This Gem increases the Attack and HP of all Ranged Troops
- Monster Gem- This Gem Increases your Hero’s March Speed when Attacking a Monster and the Likelihood of dealing a Critical Hit
- Haunted Gem- This Gem offers Troop Defense at level 6 it gives 25%
- Wonder Defending Gem- This Gem offers Troop Attack while Holding the Wonder at level 6 it gives 48%. This gem is available in loyalty rewards.
While we mention banners in the Dragon City Walkthrough it is appropriate to mention them here as well. Banners offer some nice boosts that can give you the extra edge that you need. Be sure to combine them to higher levels when you are able to. However, make sure you watch your cooldown times as well. Do not activate your banners until you need them or they will run out and you will have to wait out the cooldown time before you are able to activate them again.
|wdt_ID||Banner||Max Stats||Possible Uses||Where to Obtain|
|1||Hallowed Horseman Banner||25% Rally Attack Bonus||Rally Attack||Gold Store|
|2||Dragon War Dimension Infantry Banner||48% Infantry Attack|
48% Infantry Defense
|3||Dragon War Dimension Ranged Banner||48% Ranged Attack|
48% Ranged Defense
|Gold Store |
|4||Dragon War Dimension Cavalry Banner||48% Cavalry Attack|
48% Cavalry Defense
|5||Dragon War Dimension Troop Banner||25% Troop Attack Bonus|
25% Troop Defense Bonus
|6||Hallowed Vampire Banner||48% Troop Defense Bonus||Defense||Gold Store|
|7||Wonder Trap Health Banner||25% Wonder Troop Health Bonus||Wonder||Loyalty Rewards|
Villas or Hospitals or Barracks?
There is often the debate of what to build more of within your city. Currently out of these three buildings villas are the only one that gives combat stats. However, there are definitely benefits to building hospitals and barracks as well.
- Villas- these give defense however, they do not begin to give defense until level 10 and the amount is minimal until you reach higher levels of this building.
- Hospitals– by building hospitals you are able to increase the number of beds you have available for your troops to decrease the number of troops you may lose when you are hit. This is a good setup in events such as KE due to being able to heal quickly and gain points while not giving away points.
- Barracks- Barracks offer the ability to train more troops. For players who want to train large quantities of troops quickly, Barracks are going to be your best bet. However, for players who go this route, you will be dependent on your troop count to keep you safe.
For more detailed information about these buildings make sure you take a look at a Dragonville City Walkthrough.
Athena’s Armory is another place that is available to get some well-hidden boosts. While this feature can be expensive to level up and get the lower level set bonuses if you are able to purchase the unlock in the Black Market and work towards crafting gold sets then the set bonuses you receive can give a good boost.
Note that if you do plan on leveling this building up it does give a substantial increase in power so be cautious before deciding to take this route. Below we will take a look at set bonuses offered.
|1||2||Unlock Set Bonuses up to Basic||20 Blueprints|
|2||3||Unlock Set Bonuses up to Common||40 Blueprints|
|3||4||Unlock Set Bonuses up to Uncommon||60 Blueprints|
|4||5||Unlock Set Bonuses up to Rare||80 Blueprints|
|5||6||Unlock Set Bonuses up to Epic||300 Blueprints|
Altar Boosts and Prisoner Boosts
Another place you can receive boosts is from your altar. However, in order to receive these, your altar boosts must be active. In order to be active, you are required to execute or have a Hero hemlock in your prison. The benefits for the altar increase as you level it up more. For traps be cautious as a graveyard that is too good could signal leads that you are not a good target.
|Level||Attack (%)||Troop Defense Bonus (%)||Health (%)||Speed (%)|
You are also able to receive benefits by holding heroes in your prison. However, these do not begin until level 30. When doing this the higher the level of the hero and your prison the higher the boost you receive. For example, if you have a level 30 prison and prisoner level 81+ you receive 40% all troop attack. However, if you have the same hero but a level 40 prison you receive 56% all troop attack. Lower hero levels give lower bonuses.
There are many boosts within the Dragon War Dimension that can also prove to be helpful. We have everything from basic combat boosts to anti-scout boosts. Each of these boosts serves their own purpose and can be applied in different situations. However, they are all helpful to different aspects of gameplay.
- Troop Health
- Fake Army- this makes your army appear larger when you are scouted
- March Size
- Anti Scout- One of my favorites this keeps your opponents from being able to see what you are hiding in your Stronghold
- Troop Queue- This allows you to train larger quantities of troops at once
- Monster Attack- Kill those monsters faster
- Upkeep Reductions
- Production Boosts
- Gathering Boosts
- Hero XP- Boost the amount of Hero XP you are receiving to level your Hero Faster
The Boost Hall has been added and there a few boosts that are currently available here. There are three tabs when you go into the Boost Hall.
- Athena’s Rewards
Materials for Athena’s Rewards are not currently being given out. However, under Economics there are many boosts to help you on your way including boosts for Gathering, Capacity, Production, Construction, and Research. Under the Combat tab, you have Type Stats for your Troops. This offers Ranged, Infantry, and Cavalry Attack. Be sure to use your Boost Hall Components wisely and remember you do not need to unlock them in order.
Finally, last but not least we will cover VIP. VIP currently maxes at level 40. VIP can make a considerable difference in stats and give that extra little boost that can push you over the edge. While this feature is one that can be a little more expensive it is definitely not one you want to forget.
VIP benefits include things such as production, quests, combat stats, construction Speed Ups, and more. Below we will take a look at some of the Combat Stats that are offered by VIP and when they begin.
- Troop Health Bonus- This unlocks at Level 8 and gives a Troop Health Bonus of 8% maxing at level 40 with a Troop Health Bonus of 250%.
- Troop Defense Bonus- This unlocks at VIP 9 and gives a Troop Defense Bonus of 16% maxing at VIP 40 with a Troop Defense Bonus of 250%.
- Troop Attack Bonus- This unlocks at VIP 10 and gives a Troop Attack Bonus of 24% maxing at VIP 40 with a Troop Attack Bonus of 250%.
- Share Combat Report- This is helpful is seeing how other players are built and being able to help Alliance members with Attack methods. This opens at VIP 20.
- Hero Preset- This Opens at VIP 24 for Hero 1 and offers 1 Hero Preset with a max of 3 Hero Presets at VIP 30. For Hero 2 Presets open at VIP 34 with 1 Hero Preset and max with 3 Hero Presets at VIP 40. This allows for a quick change in gear when attacking or defending. This may be especially useful for Wonder Players who want to swap from Hermes Gear to Combat Gear. However, be aware that currently skills are resetting as well.
- Master Combine opens at VIP 40.
- Upkeep Reductions
- Food 100% at VIP 38
- Cane 100% at VIP 39
- Cheese 100% at VIP 40
When considering leveling up your VIP be sure to consider how much VIP is in the pack and what that will do for your Stats. However, also note that there is not currently a permanent VIP benefit so you will need to activate your VIP when needing to use it. Be sure to do so when you have an incoming attack as this can make up a large portion of your stats.
The little things in Game of War add up and can make a big difference. So be sure you are aware of what is out there and how to use those little things to your benefit.