There are so many features and items to keep track of when playing Game of War, it can get overwhelming. This can mean that sometimes the little things can get overlooked and forgetting about them can make the difference between being capped or burned.
In this article, we are going to explore some of the little things that shouldn’t be forgotten when building your Dragon War Dimension account.
Let’s start with one of the little things that can make a huge difference. Gems are integral to the game and when leveled can add some amazing stats to your build. Currently, in the Dragon War Dimension, the gems that are available are limited but this also makes it a little easier to choose what gems you want to use for your setup. Here we will look at gems that are available and what stats they offer. However, be aware the gems you choose to use will be dependent on what you are able to level up and the stats that you want to enhance for your build.
Gem Sets have arrived in the Dragon Dimension
While we will be keeping prior information regarding gem sets below we want to make sure you have information regarding the newest Gem Sets in the Dragon Dimension. These Gem sets have recently arrived with their own research which we covered in this article here. However, we still get a lot of questions including what gem set is for what? So we are updating that here!
Level 6 Desolation Gem Set- Defense
- 1,000% Empire Defender Attack
- 1,000% Empire Defender Defense
- 1,000% Empire Defender Health
- 1,400% Enemy Troop Attack Debuff
Level 6 Eternal Gem Set- Attack
- 1,000% Empire Assault Attack
- 1,000% Empire Assault Defense
- 1,000% Empire Assault Health
- 1,400% Empire Troop Defense Debuff
Level 6 Controlled Fury Gem Set- Wonder Rally Troop Attack and Wonder Troop Attack
- 4,200% Wonder Rally Troop Attack
- 1,000% Wonder Troop Attack
Level 6 Targeted Aggression Gem Set- Wonder Holding Attack and Wonder Health
- 4,200% Troop Attack Bonus while occupying the Wonder
- 1,000% Wonder Troop Health
Gems for Defenders
For Defenders we are going to really be looking at the Gems with Defender Stats this includes:
- Evergreen Gem- EDH
- Turtle Gem- EDD
- Thorny Gem- EDA
- Serenity Gem- EDH
- Peacekeeper Gem- EDA
Special Gems for Defenders
When looking at Special Gems for Defenders there are a couple of routes you can. You can toss in your Type Stat Gems such as the Topaz Gem, your Attack Entropy Gem which has Attack Debuff, or you can use Prophecy and double gem for more EDD or EDH.
Gems for Attackers
- Tempest Gem: EAA 70%
- Empire Assault Attack Gem: 48%
- Thunder Guard: EAD 70%
- You can also swap in some Type Gems with your Seasoned Gems being the most recent.
Gems for Wonder Players
- 220% Troop Attack While Attacking the Wonder
- Solarflare Gem
- Astroblast Gem
- Commetstorm Gem
- Thunderbolt Gem 100% Troop Attack While Holding
- Honor Guard Gem- 75% Holding Attack
- Wonder Defender Gem- 25% Holding Attack
These gems are a little different from the ones we listed above. They go in the fourth gem slot which is only available to be opened when you have completed the research in your Craft Research Tree to open them. In order to complete this research, you must be at least Academy Level 25.
- Prophecy Gem- this gem allows you to embed another Gem that matches the type of an already embedded Gem. By increasing the level of your prophecy Gem you increase the level of the duplicate Gem you can embed.
- Hades Gem- Hades Gems allows you to apply an “invisibility cloak” to your gear and prevents enemies from seeing what you are wearing. By leveling up these Gems you can increase the level of equipment you are able to cloak.
- Demigod Dimension Oversmash Gem- This Gem offers Trap Attack, Troop Attack Bonus, and Troop Defense Bonus
- Garnet Gem- This Gem increases the Attack and HP of all Infantry Troops
- Topaz Gem- This Gem increases the Attack and HP of all Cavalry Troops
- Sapphire Gem- This Gem increases the Attack and HP of all Ranged Troops
- Monster Gem- This Gem Increases your Hero’s March Speed when Attacking a Monster and the Likelihood of dealing a Critical Hit
- Haunted Gem- This Gem offers Troop Defense at level 6 it gives 25%
- Wonder Defending Gem- This Gem offers Troop Attack while Holding the Wonder at level 6 it gives 48%. This gem is available in loyalty rewards.
While we mention banners in the Dragon City Walkthrough it is appropriate to mention them here as well. Banners offer some nice boosts that can give you the extra edge that you need. Be sure to combine them to higher levels when you are able to. However, make sure you watch your cooldown times as well. Do not activate your banners until you need them or they will run out and you will have to wait out the cooldown time before you are able to activate them again.
Top Banners for Defenders
|Fortification Banner||1,800% Empire Defender Health|
|Ballast Banner||1,800% Empire Defender Defense|
|Rage Banner||2,500% Empire Defender Attack|
|Overwatch Banner||4,500% Enemy Troop Attack Debuff|
Top Banners for Attackers
|Fire Storm Banner||7,500% Empire Assault Attack|
|Halloween Special: Advanced Empire Strike Attack Banner||400% Empire Assault Attack|
|Halloween Special: Advanced Empire Strike Health Banner||400% Empire Assault Health|
|Vicious Warblade Banner||Enemy Troop Defense Debuff 250% and Empire Assault Attack 250%|
|Broken Armor Banner||250% Enemy Troop Defense Debuff|
**Note the Victory March Banner will add 100,000 to your Rally Size if you decide to use this instead
Top Banners for Wonder Players
|Conquest Banner||Troop Attack Bonus while occupying the Wonder 2,500%
Wonder Troop Attack Bonus 2,500%
|Absolution Banner||Wonder Troop Health Bonus 500%|
|Victory Lap Banner||350% Troop Attack Bonus While Occupying the Wonder
350% Wonder Rally Troop Attack
|King of the Hill Banner||Troop Attack Bonus while occupying the Wonder 250%
Wonder Troop Attack Bonus 250%
|Unyielding Banner||Wonder Troop Health Bonus 250%|
**Note the Victory March Banner will add 100,000 to your Rally Size if you decide to use this instead
Villas or Hospitals or Barracks?
There is often the debate of what to build more of within your city. Currently out of these three buildings villas are the only one that gives combat stats. However, there are definitely benefits to building hospitals and barracks as well.
- Villas- these give defense however, they do not begin to give defense until level 10 and the amount is minimal until you reach higher levels of this building.
- Hospitals– by building hospitals you are able to increase the number of beds you have available for your troops to decrease the number of troops you may lose when you are hit. This is a good setup in events such as KE due to being able to heal quickly and gain points while not giving away points.
- Barracks- Barracks offer the ability to train more troops. For players who want to train large quantities of troops quickly, Barracks are going to be your best bet. However, for players who go this route, you will be dependent on your troop count to keep you safe.
For more detailed information about these buildings make sure you take a look at a Dragonville City Walkthrough.
Athena’s Armory is another place that is available to get some well-hidden boosts. While this feature can be expensive to level up and get the lower level set bonuses if you are able to purchase the unlock in the Black Market and work towards crafting gold sets then the set bonuses you receive can give a good boost.
Note that if you do plan on leveling this building up it does give a substantial increase in power so be cautious before deciding to take this route. Below we will take a look at set bonuses offered.
|1||2||Unlock Set Bonuses up to Basic||20 Blueprints|
|2||3||Unlock Set Bonuses up to Common||40 Blueprints|
|3||4||Unlock Set Bonuses up to Uncommon||60 Blueprints|
|4||5||Unlock Set Bonuses up to Rare||80 Blueprints|
|5||6||Unlock Set Bonuses up to Epic||300 Blueprints|
Altar Boosts and Prisoner Boosts
Another place you can receive boosts is from your altar. However, in order to receive these, your altar boosts must be active. In order to be active, you are required to execute or have a Hero hemlock in your prison. The benefits for the altar increase as you level it up more. For traps be cautious as a graveyard that is too good could signal leads that you are not a good target.
|Level||Attack (%)||Troop Defense Bonus (%)||Health (%)||Speed (%)|
You are also able to receive benefits by holding heroes in your prison. However, these do not begin until level 30. When doing this the higher the level of the hero and your prison the higher the boost you receive. For example, if you have a level 30 prison and prisoner level 81+ you receive 40% all troop attack. However, if you have the same hero but a level 40 prison you receive 56% all troop attack. Lower hero levels give lower bonuses.
There are many boosts within the Dragon War Dimension that can also prove to be helpful. We have everything from basic combat boosts to anti-scout boosts. Each of these boosts serves their own purpose and can be applied in different situations. However, they are all helpful to different aspects of gameplay.
- Troop Health
- Fake Army- this makes your army appear larger when you are scouted
- March Size
- Anti Scout- One of my favorites this keeps your opponents from being able to see what you are hiding in your Stronghold
- Troop Queue- This allows you to train larger quantities of troops at once
- Monster Attack- Kill those monsters faster
- Upkeep Reductions
- Production Boosts
- Gathering Boosts
- Hero XP- Boost the amount of Hero XP you are receiving to level your Hero Faster
The Boost Hall has been added and there a few boosts that are currently available here. There are three tabs when you go into the Boost Hall.
- Athena’s Rewards
While the Economics Boosts are always great to have the ones we really want to focus in on are the Combat Boosts. These are some great hidden stats for traps and leads alike to give you the extra boost you need.
What is important to note is that you do not need to unlock these in order. You can unlock 125% Infantry Attack first if you want. The boosts you pick to unlock first will be heavily based on how your own account is set up. For example, an account who is relying heavily on attack will unlock the type attack and troop attack boosts first. If you are a trap and you are doing well at killing off your attacker’s march but are struggling with capping then you will want Defense and Health Boosts.
Materials for Athena’s Rewards are not currently being given out. However, under Economics there are many boosts to help you on your way including boosts for Gathering, Capacity, Production, Construction, and Research. When unlocking Economic Boosts be sure to Under the Combat tab, you have Type Stats for your Troops. This offers Ranged, Infantry, and Cavalry Attack. Be sure to use your Boost Hall Components wisely and remember you do not need to unlock them in order.
VIP currently maxes at level 120. VIP can make a considerable difference in stats and give that extra little boost that can push you over the edge. While this feature is one that can be a little more expensive it is definitely not one you want to forget.
VIP benefits include things such as production, quests, combat stats, construction Speed Ups, and more.
When considering leveling up your VIP be sure to consider how much VIP is in the pack and what that will do for your Stats. Note that instead of receiving Permanent VIP at a certain level there is now an “unlock item” that will give players Permanent VIP. If you do not have Permanent VIP, be sure that you activate your VIP when you have an incoming attack as this can make up a large portion of your stats.
Potions have arrived in the Dragon War Dimension. Players who have spent any time in the Demigod Dimension prior to this should be familiar with Potions. However, there are some basic things you do need to know when unlocking Potions in the Dragon War Dimension.
Your Alchemy Lab goes to Level 10 and with each level the benefits increase. See below to see the cost and benefits of each level.
|wdt_ID||Level||Cost||Potion Duration||Ingredient Crafting Slots|
|1||1||1,000 Tomes||1 Hour||1|
|2||2||1,000 Tomes||2 Hours||2|
|3||3||2,000 Tomes||3 Hours||3|
|4||4||2,000 Tomes||5 Hours||3|
|5||5||4,000 Tomes||7 Hours||4|
|Level||Unlocks Required||Ingredient Crafting Slots||Increase Potion Duration|
When Crafting Potions you will want to choose a Vial and Ingredients. In order to be able to do this, you will need to know the stats of these items and whether or not these are stats you need for the purpose you are crafting.
Vials have changed up recently. Check out what we currently have for Vials.
Limited Time Vial
- 7,200% Empire Defending Attack
- 7,200% Empire Defending Health
- 7,200% Empire Defending Defense
Protective Tonic Flasks
- 2400% Empire Defense: Attack, Health and Defense
- 1800% Enemy Troop Attack Debuff
- 1800% Troop Defense and Health
Limited Time Vial
- 7,200% Empire Assault Attack
- 7,200% Empire Assault Health
- 7,200% Empire Assault Defense
Offense Mix Potion Flasks
- 3000% Empire Assault: Attack, Health, and Defense
- 2600% Enemy Troop Defense and Health Debuff
- 2600% Troop Attack
Limited Time Vial
- 4,500% Wonder Rally Attack
- 4,500% Wonder Defending Attack
- 4,500% Wonder Health
Stim Potion Flask
- 1500% Wonder Attack and Health
- 1200% Troop Attack and Health
- 100% Attack March Speed, 1000% Attack Debuff and Health Debuff
We are gonna toss up some ingredients you can use in those vials. While it is not a comprehensive list we will include some with the best stats. Remember when you are choosing ingredients you want to choose the stats that compliment the Vial that you are already using. So if you are using an Empire Defender Vial then use Empire Defender Ingredients.
Limited Time Ingredients
- Lucky Flower- 400% Empire Defender Attack
- Lucky Serpents Egg- 400% Empire Defender Defense
- Lucky Slug- 400% Empire Defender Health
- Charmed Flower- 400% Empire Assault Defense
- Charmed Serpent’s Egg- 400% Empire Assault Attack
- Charmed Slug- 400% Empire Assault Health
- Fortune Flower- 250% Wonder Defender Troop Attack
- Fortune Serpent’s Egg- 250% Wonder Troop Health Bonus
- Fortune Slug- 250% Wonder Rally Troop Attack
For Defensive ingredients, we are going to list the top Empire Defender and Attack Debuff Ingredients. Right now the big focus for defenders is on Empire Defender and Type Stats due to the high debuffs in the game.
- Frost Flower- 200% Empire Defense Troop Attack
- Frost Fungus- 200% Empire Defense Troop Health
- Frost Dust- 200% Empire Defense Troop Defense
- Rot Sprig- 250% Enemy Troop Attack Debuff
For our attackers, we are going to look at Empire Assault and Debuffs. You can also add in some of the other ingredients if you have enough slots.
- Pink Leaf: 350% Empire Assault Troop Attack
- Pink Fungus: 350% Empire Assault Troop Health
- Pink Powder: 350% Empire Assault Troop Defense
- Acid Leaf: 400% Enemy Troop Health Debuff
- Acid Wing: 400% Enemy Troop Defense Debuff
Wonder Player Ingredients
Finally some of the latest Wonder Player Ingredients.
- Bright Flower: 75% Wonder Rally Troop Attack
- Bright Leaves: 75% Wonder Holding Troop Attack
- Bright Wing: 75% Wonder troop Health
New Potions have arrived just in time for the Dragon Super Wonder. These new Potions are ideal for Wonder Players and Attackers. While we will keep the information up about the previous set of potions just for those who have not yet obtained the newest of the new, we want to also make sure that you have access to the information on these Potions as well.
- Wonder Root Vial- 2,200% Wonder Attack and Health
- March Root Vial- 180% Attack March Speed and 2,000% Attack Debuff and Health Debuff
- Troop Root Vial- 2,200% Troop Attack and Health
- Bright Flutter- 100% Wonder Rally Troop Attack
- Bright Stump- 100% Wonder Holding Troop Attack
- Bright Stinger- 100% Wonder Troop Health
- Toxin Tentacle- 100% Enemy Troop Attack Debuff
- Toxin Scale- 100% Enemy Troop Health Debuff
- Toxin Shell- 100% Enemy Troop Defense Debuff
Let’s take a quick look at some potions we can build combining some of the new and some of the old ingredients. Note these are built using the strengths of the already existing vial. These have not been tested and we would love to hear and see some combinations that have worked for you!
Wonder Root Vial- A Wonder Stat Potion
- Bright stinger
- Bright Stump
- Bright Flutter
- Bright Flower
- Bright Leaves
- Bright Wing
March Root Vial- A Debuff Potion with Some Speed
- Toxin Tentacle
- Toxin Scale
- Toxin Shell
- Acid Leaf
- Acid Wing
- Rot Sprig
These are just two combinations you can try with the new Vials and ingredients. Try it out and show us how your stats turn out and how it works for you!
Have more than 3 slots? Mix in other ingredients based on the type of player you are and the lists above. Do not be afraid to get creative with your potions and try out new things!
The Number of ingredients you will be able to use and the Duration of your Potion will be dependent on your Alchemy Lab level so be sure to craft and activate wisely!
The little things in Game of War add up and can make a big difference. So be sure you are aware of what is out there and how to use those little things to your benefit.